Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    The waist side seam shaping patch
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The waist side seam shaping patch
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
My underbust line used to print right at the base of my bust when this feature first came out. Now it prints 2-1/4" down. When was the change?

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not like being classified as rejecting the whole idea. That is not true. How did you get that idea? A few days ago I had a project going that I could not leave. Now, last night when I checked the 'click here' button to find out about the patch, I have all kinds of trouble, first trying to get the article by Kaaren about the patch to come up on my computer. I had to go to my laptop to get the article. Then, the article which I thought would give instructions on how the patch was be installed and what changes had to be made because I read on the list about what others had to do was not there. Then, when I go to the program to check out what my measurement chart says and check to see how the patch would work for me, I can not change the numbers in my chart without having computer problems, not once, but several times.
My computer seems fine now, but I gave up last night. I haven't even got to get close to downloading the patch button to check it out, but all the trouble I have had with prechecking it out has made me want to see the results of others before I proceed.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from what i can tell this works for me. I moved the line up 1 1/2 inches and it gave a nicer curve. I haven't had time to sew it only to view it. some of us have a very limited time to sew.

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No ...SO FAR.there are insufficient reports as to IF this works or not from the general user base and if it will be included in the next update.

Dont jump the gun.....

It is Being persued.

There are testers reporting directly to me as I am managing this test.

What is being evaluated is if the ability to change is giving the desired effect.

What will be determined is HOW this will be delivered in the next update

or
to determine if the issue is moot and required no further expenditure of company resources.

I am personally convinced the average user will benefit by a tool allowing them to ammend their side waist position so they can have a different placement for dresses versus pants.

I have committed a LOT of my time and energy in helping to find a solution.

Im as committed to it as I can be unless someone proves its not needed by a significant number of reporters. Then we drop the issue and I go to the lake and enjoy the sunny days instead of being cooped up in here on the computer.

BUT.I need evidence of if it is working,OR if its not working and why.

we will not change how pants draft, or skirts.

IF people want this and IF this works they need to advise of of their results.

Verify the tool is needed
and that it works as we designed it to.

Remember that a cause was always tagged to the posts about the shaping position based on INCORRECT assumptions.

The side dart was not doubling and any similarity was pure coincidence.

I detailed in that article what the real probable cause is.

Now that it is found we need to offer a means to effect a change to what is more desireable for those that NEED to change it.

One question remains
does the trial tool move the waist shaping so it can be controlled by those users that want to change the position.

yes or no?

then we will make a pretty new tool and stick it in either options or darts or someplace where it can be found and used.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
from what i can tell this works for me. I moved the line up 1 1/2 inches and it gave a nicer curve. I haven't had time to sew it only to view it. some of us have a very limited time to sew.

Thank you..we appreciate the effort when you can get to it.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, as you saw with my measurements it worked.

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Thank you..we appreciate the effort when you can get to it.
Kaaren

Above is one of the messages that I don't understand. Did this person make a change in her measurement chart, or did she actually download the patch and use it?
She says she moved the line up......that sounds like she did it manually, or made a change in her measuring chart.
What I would like to know is if after you download the patch whether you still have to change something or whether it is automatic.
When I know the answer to this question, I might be more sympathetic to trying the patch.
I don't mind being a beta tester, but I sure would like to know all of the parameters.
By the way, how many people were testers here? I didn't even know I was being one.

posted Hide Post
you can the refering post and read it.

it clearly states she made the change using the patch, tryed it and is reporting her results.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Hello all,

I just had time to see the patch results. (Had to work 6 day work week. No time for anything. The curve of the side seam does raise with the high waist adjustment. BUT so does the waist level of the darts which I don't want. The darts (and my sloper were perfect). Just all of the FITTED patterns were slinging the SIDE shaping too low. I imagine this does not show up with people with little waist indentation. Just people with defined waists would be obviously affected.

Rachel
Greenacres, FL

Rachel

Posts: 17 | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just had time to see the patch results. (Had to work 6 day work week. No time for anything. The curve of the side seam does raise with the high waist adjustment. BUT so does the waist level of the darts which I don't want. The darts (and my sloper were perfect). Just all of the FITTED patterns were slinging the SIDE shaping too low. I imagine this does not show up with people with little waist indentation. Just people with defined waists would be obviously affected.

Rachel
Thanks Rachel.I had already decided the waist darting should not move up and have asked ti be put back.....

the new tool will go back into a more formal test with a test group in the near future.

with its own nice little tool option.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
When I know the answer to this question, I might be more sympathetic to trying the patch.
I don't mind being a beta tester, but I sure would like to know all of the parameters.
By the way, how many people were testers here? I didn't even know I was being one.

This entire issue came up recently when several people posted on the older discussion board about this topic. Those posts were not being monitored by Livingsoft, so no responses were made. One user then posted on this forum:

quote:
This is not a "just me" message but a call for correction for many of us. My side seams for the bodice to below the hip are incorrect and NOT from my measurements. The waist indention is dropped to the ab measurement. It is happening both in back and in front. I've tried to correct the problem in various ways as have many other people. It just does not correct. From what I have learned back and front drop approximately the width of the bust dart, side. We need a correction please since it seems to be in the program rather than being attached to any other part of the program.

Because of this post and a few responses, we began looking at the issue. We had no data. In a discussion about the issue with Tina Chester, the lack of any hard data came up and Tina posted on the old discussion board that those that cared about the issue should send in problem reports to provide their measurements. 7 people sent those in.

From what little information we had, we came up with several theories for why these users might be having a fit issue. None of the theories was confirmable, but we came up with a possible correction that would work, regardless which of the theories was correct.

The patch was posted to try the fix and attempt to get more hard information. Each of those that sent in a problem report was sent a personal note about the patch. Anyone else that cares about the issue is welcome to try it. If you are not interested, then you certainly should not bother.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DressShopBob:
[QUOTE] In this case, it would not particularly help. We have 7 measurement sets that have been submitted by users that were interested in this issue. None of those have reported whether the patch worked or not. QUOTE]

I was mistaken in this statement, confused by the different email addresses / names that appear in the forum versus what shows up in a problem report.

At this time, Rachel and LauraSews have both reported some measure of success with the patch (each with helpful comments and suggestions) and they were among the group that sent in problem reports. Also, Carolyn has installed the patch and sent some comments, but has not sewn a sample yet.

I apologize for not noticing that the email addresses in the problem reports were not necessarily the same as the names being used to post here.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FWIW the new patch DOES HELP my sheath to draft with the waist at the waist, the abdomen at the abdomen, and the hips at the hips.

I stitched a "torso sloper" but only the darts, shoulder, and side/center seam. I did not put in a zipper and I did not set the sleeves. I just don't have that kind of time to devote to a sloper when I'm supposed to be making new pants.

However, everything looks to be in the right place and with enough wearing ease would take it off my "NEVER MAKE THIS DRESS" list and put it on "THIS DRESS WOULD WORK" list.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gayle for posting your results.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
I would appreciate it if you wouldn't put words into my mouth. I have not 'rejected' anything. It just amazed me that our waist wasn't always our waist. Now that I have a better idea what this patch is supposed to achieve I have no objections to it at all. If it solves the problem. it seems like a good thing.

quote:
Originally posted by DressShopBob:

In this case, it would not particularly help. We have 7 measurement sets that have been submitted by users that were interested in this issue. None of those have reported whether the patch worked or not.

As to the "everyone who says it's working" that you referred to, I can count those on one finger. Of those that have posted, here is the current tally. Since most of the posts were ambiguous, I will make up categories as best I can:

Did not work for me - 0

Confused - 3 (LindaF, InspiredSewing, LauraSews)

Reject the whole idea - 5 (SewingGeek, DLJones, Teresa pople, grammiepam, Morgan Babb)

Worked for me - 1 (ElizabethPope)

Based on the results so far, we would not release this change in an update.

Patti Hamel
DS6.092, All Addins
IE6.0, HPLJ 1012

Posts: 28 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post