Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    Newsletter Delivery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newsletter Delivery
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
I forwarded all of the email addresses that have posted about this to the guy that does the emailings. Hopefully, he can track down the what and why and when.

Thanks, Bob. I appreciate your efforts. I also contacted the company that hosts the email account that I use on the LivingsoftNW website to see why I would be bouncing mail. Of course, without the bounced headers, they could not tell me anything but they moved me to a brand new super duper souped up mail server. Big Grin
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had always thought that when I checked the three boxes to receive mailings, that I would receive all of the mailings rather than selected mailings. My delete key works well for me to delete the ones I receive that do not apply to me. I would like to believe that I would be informed of what the patternmaking software company that I paid my good money for, would let me know what is available to me, my peers, and any other person who is interested. It might make a difference in the outlook one has of the company. Now that we no longer will have metal members, doesn't that mean we are all equal? I am hoping so. Thanks.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As a metal member I just now started receiving the posts. So we are equal anyway (VBG)
Marda

ME and STs

Posts: 5 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also have not received any notices or Newsletters for almost a year. I have repeatedly checked that the boxes on my account at LSNW were marked to have them sent to me. I also have checked that LivingSoft was on my email list. I have checked with my server and they say they do not stop them, so I have no idea why I do not receive anything from LivingSoftNW.
I too think that there should be some way to see these offers, perhaps on the notices page of LivingSoftNW. I am able to go to the website and see the newsletters, but have no way of seeing the mailings on sales or new products. Please add me to list of those unable to receive mailings from you.

Linda Fox
Dress Shop Pro 6.16, Fashion Designer 1 and 2, Fit Tool, Illusions, Princess Designer, Ultimate Outerware, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Pants, Pattern Set #1052, Hat Shop, Home Dec., MPD tool, Windows XP

Posts: 32 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob, thanks for forwarding the email addresses. I'm sure there's a solution somewhere. After all, we want to know about the sales, and you want to sell to us.

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Equal yes.

Our users tell us they don't desire extra emails advertising a product they already own.

So the customer list is sorted and when an offer is made that would not be relevant to the user - names are pulled.

I think thats "sensitive" not unfair.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I think the point of the discussion has been that some of us are not receiving offers that would be relevant.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Bob--I can understand the fine line you must walk here, but I do not think anyone would mind you posting a link on these boards to e-mail notices. That way a person can go look, or not, as they choose, and everyone would have an opportunity to see them, especially if there are special codes that would be needed for a purchase. There is no other way to get those codes! Thanks

Sounds like a good idea. But, I don't have what I need to do it now for the current offer. I got the copy of the tools offer that came to me, for instance, and it was a bundled price including an upgrade to Dress Shop 6. That particular version only went to Dress Shop 4 and 5 owners. The price of the tools without the Dress Shop 6 upgrade was not in this version of the offer.

I have asked Will (our sales and marketing lead) to get me the generic offers so they can be posted and we will do that from now on.

In the meantime, you can always do what so many are doing and use the toll free order line. PeggySue figures out the what is appropriate and gets the right offer codes for you.

In the meantime, for the one that ends tomorrow, the offer was that any of the tools that will not be sold after tomorrow (FD1, FD2, Fit Tool, and Princess Tool) may be puchased through February 7th using coupon code ET-442. The price should be $59 for all 4 tools or $29 for any one.

If you want 2 or 3 tools, call the toll free line and PeggySue will make it work at $29 for the first and $12 for each added tool.

The combinations are just complicated enough that they did not want to spell out every option in the email offer. But, the result has been a ton of phone calls, so perhaps that was a mistake.

In any case, we will certainly see that all future offers include a generic version either on the web site, in the announcement section of this forum or both.

Thanks all for the pointing out the problems with this latest emailing and for the suggestions to make it work better in the future.

Anyone that has not been receiving regular emails during the past few months, please check Your Account on the Livingsoft site to see how your email offer settings are set. I do not know why those should ever change on their own, but we should make sure they are what you want now.

Thanks all!

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Deena>
posted
I have repeatedly attempted to "sign up" for the newsletter or checked my account and found that the box is checked indicating that I should be on the newsletter list.
This is not a new phenomenon. Please let me know what I need to do in order to received the newsletter.

TYIA Deena in Houston

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
The "Monthly" Newsletter with a free pattern no longer exists. The last 3 "Monthly" Newsletters were put on the web in July, Aug/Sept, and January and the last free pattern was released in August. The last 2 Newsletters were simply announcements of new product releases (Men's Collection and MPD).

Even the current "end of line" sales are not included in the Notices on the website.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was an email announcement sent out for the release of MPD? We sort of have a catch 22 here - those of us who may be having a problem receiving emails from livingsoft may not know that there was an email, so of course we don't know we didn't get it (how's that for a convoluted sentence?).

So, if an email announcement was sent out, then please let us know - if you can't post what was in it, that's ok because all of us have probably been watching here for the big release, I just want to know if my email is still a problem.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by judith:
Was an email announcement sent out for the release of MPD? We sort of have a catch 22 here - those of us who may be having a problem receiving emails from livingsoft may not know that there was an email, so of course we don't know we didn't get it (how's that for a convoluted sentence?).

So, if an email announcement was sent out, then please let us know - if you can't post what was in it, that's ok because all of us have probably been watching here for the big release, I just want to know if my email is still a problem.

Judith,
There was an email posted here. Go to Discussion list>announcements>Standalone My Pattern Designer has been released
HTH,
Linda

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, not yet. The sequence has been:

1. On Monday, notice was sent to membership owners that they could have a preview. Word from that spread a bit.

2. On Wednesday, MPD was announced only on this discussion board AND on the Livingsoft web site.

3. Today (Thursday), the formal email announcement should be sent out. We will post that here as well. If you see it here and did not get it in your email, then please do not post here nor send emails to random locations in the company. The post here will have a specific link for email delivery problems. I'll put something on the web site help pages, too. But, you should see what you can learn from your email service provider, too.

4. This coming Monday, we hope to get the first of the newsletters out. There is both a Livingsoft newsletter and a MPD newsletter, each with different info.

After that, there will be paper mailings to those that don't hear any of these. Shortly, we'll get the word to everyone....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just what I was hoping to hear! thanks.

posted Hide Post
Here we go again--talk of a new newsletter being sent to subscribers, but as usual, I haven't received it. Yes, I can read it online--but would like it delivered to my inbox!!!

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post