Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    Newsletter Delivery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newsletter Delivery
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DressShopBob:
The August / September Livingsoft newsletter was emailed to 4751 people that have signed up for that. It was emailed from info@LivingsoftNW.com. I do not know why it would not be delivered.

Maybe it choked the outgoing server. Big Grin

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you have the address in your address book?

Kat >^..^<
My Pattern Designer Pro 1.09, DS Pro & Doll Shop Deluxe Fashion Designer Suite v7.02, Doll Shop Deluxe, FD1, FD2, Activewear II, Spring & Summer 2005, Men's Essential, DS Fit Tool, DS Princess Designer, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants, Add-ons 1-14, All pattern sets through 1046, plus 1050, Hat Shop 1.1, Home Dec Sampler 1.02, Win XP Home, HP C5180, IE 7.

Posts: 15 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't receive the newsletter either (how's that for proper grammer) I have always received everything. Yes and i did go in and check my settings and everything is all checked.
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by DressShopBob:
The August / September Livingsoft newsletter was emailed to 4751 people that have signed up for that. It was emailed from info@LivingsoftNW.com. I do not know why it would not be delivered.

Maybe it choked the outgoing server.

I guess anything is possible, but we have done larger emailings in the past without any problem. Also, we have had receipt reports (and seed copies that go to staff) scattered throughout the mail list. Every one sent to any of our staff or personal home email addresses was received.

I did have a suggestion from one user that the newsletter's actual return address was "info@livingsoftnw.com" rather than the "info@LivingsoftNW.com" that I had suggested in my earlier post on this subject. While email programs do not care about case, it may be that some spam filters do. They are all different and none of them like to publicize their spam detect rules.

We are checking the other various email services that Livingsoft users (emailed activation codes, for instance, seem to always get through) to see if the return address is different from one to another. They might be. We're looking.

But, you might also check your own spam filter lists and try listing LivingsoftNW.com as spelled here as well as all lower case and see if that helps any.

More if we hear of anything definite....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dianne,
I didn't receive a copy of the newsletter either. I am registered, I have double checked more than once. I didn't get the previous one either.
My friend who is on AOL (I'm not) funnily enough received this month's newsletter. Razzer

DS9, plus extras

Posts: 28 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be curious to hear from anyone who did receive the newsletter.
Smiler
Sandi

DressShop Pro 7.02a, MPD Pro 3 Version 3.01, Unlimited Womens Collection, Complete Pants Designer, Fashion Designer I & II, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Outerwear, Spring and Summer Collection 2005, Sew Quick Summer Casuals, Hat Shop, Home Dec, EPSON Workforce 1100 wide bed printer, Windows Vista and Windows 7

Posts: 58 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am a Platinum member, AND an Educator, AND have been signed up to receive emails and newsletters at my other address, diane7570quilter@hotmail.com, since it was first possible to be signed up to receive info, AND, as usual, did not receive any information about a newsletter or specials (which an educator needs to know about).

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to add that I haven't received the newsletter either. I have previously always got them. There is obviously a glitch somewhere.

DS 7 Standard
Addons 3, 5,9,10 & 14
Sets 1008,1019,1032,1045 & 1052
MPD Pro 1.04
Home Dec Sampler

Posts: 13 | Location: Melbourne,Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have checked and unchecked everything I can find Wink but have still never managed to receive either the newsletter or any of the special offers Confused.

I think it is clear that there is a problem embedded in the email system somewhere; until this is sorted out can I put in a plea for Bob to post to the forum when a newsletter is available or when there is an offer running on products.

TIA

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandi, I received the newsletter on 9/1/05 at 11:47 am. I came directly to my gmail account.

Tracy Russin
Fleming Island, FL

Posts: 12 | Location: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So…….. I am not alone. I have not received a Newsletter for a year.
I only received the first two issues of the newsletter through email. The others I have accessed through the livingsoft homepage, and now the livingsoftnw homepage, whenever I read on the discussion list that another issue was posted.

Again, for over a year, I have not received any direct email regarding announcements or special offers. These I hear about on the discussion list when someone asks for the code after they find they have deleted the info from their email box.

I am using the same email address I have had for 10 years.
Nothing is in my SPAM filter, which is set low. I check this every time I read email.
All email addresses mentioned on the discussion lists for livingsoft and livingsoftnw are on my allowed lists.
I receive confirmations of purchase and keycode information email without problems.
When setting up my Livingsoft Account, I requested the newsletter and announcements be sent to me. I have received Dress Shop brochures and offers through snail mail.

I recently received the email sent by Kaaren regarding pending members/newsletter – but this was through her AOL account.

I also received the 23 July email regarding the Changes at Livingsoft.
This was sent from info@livingsoftnw.com the same address that is used to send out the Newsletter, and yet, I do not receive the newsletter.

As you can see, my problem with not receiving the newsletter or special offer emails began before the change to the new home page or the new discussion forum. I just haven't been able to figure it out.

Regards,
Denise

Posts: 5 | Registered: 30 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm getting fed up with not receiving things that i've signed up for i.e. the newsletter. Finding out too late about offers really undermines my faith in this business. Sounds like expanding too fast to me. Get new customers in, blow the existing ones.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did not receive the Newsletter...and I have missed them in the past and had PeggySue, at Livingsoft support make sure all was okay with mine...I also have Livingsoftnw listed as one of my trusted sites. It is not in the spam folder. Thank you for posting where we an view it...Michelle in Texas

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Michelle, you can view the Current Newsletter at the LivingSoft NW home page http://www.livingsoftnw.com. I wrote info@livingsoft.com about problem receiving email from them. Thanks to Craig Clayton I have now received the newsletter by email. Apparently at some point when email to me bounced my email address was suppressed. Craig did some tests and has removed my email address from the bounced list.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did not receive the Newsletter...and I have missed them in the past and had PeggySue, at Livingsoft support make sure all was okay with mine...I also have Livingsoftnw listed as one of my trusted sites. It is not in the spam folder. Thank you for posting where we an view it...Michelle in Texas

We believe we found what happened with those of you that missed some newsletters. In order to send large numbers of emails and not have them automatically blocked, the sender must follow several guidelines. If Livingsoft follows those guidelines, it can qualify for white listing and its bulk emails will not be blocked.

One of the many requirements for white-listing is that if you get bounces (emails that cannot be delivered for any reason), you should remove those email addresses from your bulk emailings. The process for removing bounces was automated some time back and Livingsoft has not had its emailings blocked by major sevices since that time.

At the time that we switched from the Livingsoft.com domain name to LivingsoftNW.com, many emailings bounced because the recipients had not yet flagged that source as non-spam. Those that bounced got automatically added to the bounce list and were suppressed in future emailings.

After the last newsletter, we made a list of those that reported lack of delivery. Every one of them was in the bounce list, automatically being left out of bulk emailings.

To correct this, we have purged the entire auto-bounce list. The next emailings will go to everyone and we will begin building the bounce suppress list again from scratch. Hopefully we will not get so many bounces during that period that it will effect our white listing status.

And, hopefully, everyone that wanted emailings and was not getting them will see them start up again.

In the meantime, every newsletter is always on the web site. Every new product announcement always appears first on the Livingsoft home page. And, every discount offered is announced on the forums here.

And, in case you did not hear or notice it yet, the introductory discount for the Men's Collection will expire on September 15. The discount is automatic, no coupon code required. So, if you are considering purchase of that product, there will be no better time.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post