Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Newsletter    Newsletter Delivery
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Newsletter Delivery
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Same here!!! I keep checking the boxes to get mail, but never get any! Today, after this e-mail I looked again and NO boxes were checked! So I checked the boxes yet again!!! Why do these choices not stick?? Very frustrating. This is the 1st e-mail from then in over a year that I have received!! Grrrr!

If you find that your email has been shut off, it is because your service provider, email service itself, or your own spam settings caused 3 emails from Livingsoft to bounce.

If emails to any user bounce (are rejected by the receiver's email program, email service, or Internet Service Provider), they are put on Livingsoft's bounce list. If you have 3 bounces, you are removed from the email list.

This is a requirement of "white listing", which prevents a mass emailer from being blocked at the sending in. Emailers that repeatedly send emails to bouncers are assumed to be spammers and are blocked at the sending in.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received the 'OptOut' message, too, and I found the 3 boxes in my personal information were not checked either.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got the same letter and I checked my notifications and they were all flagged.

Posts: 22 | Location: Medford, Or | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So now I'm wondering, what were the 3 emails I missed? And is there a solution? Is there some way the emails can be posted here in the future in some spot where we could look to make sure we're not missing anything? Like a sale?

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also would like to receive notices and offers via e-mail from livingsoft. I've only meant to opt out of e-mails from the list coming to my in box daily. I just come to the groupee site to read those. If there is a way you can change it so I get the offers I'd appreciate it.
Thanks
Elaine

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You have to do this yourself. Go to your account on the livingsoftnw web site and check the boxes.

This is unrelated to the discussion group, which is on Groupee.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bob wrote: <If you find that your email has been shut off, it is because your service provider, email service itself, or your own spam settings caused 3 emails from Livingsoft to bounce. >

Well, the blocking is somewhere other than my actual e-mail, as my settings are to allow me to see ALL e-mail and decide for myself what is spam or not. I also have livingsoftnw in my "do not block" list, but obviously someone, somewhere has decided to block these e-mails. It really would be helpful to post them or a link to them on this list, because it seems that there are many, many of us who do not receive the mailings we thought we had signed up for. Please send the one on the stand-alone MPD to everyone!!! Thanks!

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with Sandy. I have info@livingsoft.com included in my list of emails to allow, and I've checked the boxes at livingsoft to receive email advertisements, so there's not much else that I can do about this.

But, if livingsoft wants to sell me something (like the full version of MPD that appears to be due out any day now), then I'm sure the smart people at Livingsoft can find a way to advertise to me - such as posting a notice here at the discussion site that says "hey, all of you who may be unintentionally blocking us, have we got a deal for you today".

posted Hide Post
quote:
It really would be helpful to post them or a link to them on this list, because it seems that there are many, many of us who do not receive the mailings we thought we had signed up for. Please send the one on the stand-alone MPD to everyone!!! Thanks!

These are great ideas and we'll do what we can. But, there are problems with both posting offers and with sending the email notices to everyone. First, when an offer is posted, those that bought the week before are irritated by the fact that they bought just before a sale. I certainly have had that experience at the grocery store often enough, but personally I do not accuse the stores of cheating me because they offered a sale and did not think to check on my own recent purchases. Perhaps those that complain to us about every sale we post also complain at their grocery store. But, we do try to avoid sending special offers to those that already own the product being discounted.

Sending email to everyone is a problem in other ways. There are people that vehemently object to receiving email solicitations that they have not asked to receive. And, there are anti-spamming laws that differ from place to place and we try very hard to abide by all of them. If there is any appearance at all that a Dress Shop owner does not want email from us, we try very hard to oblige. We also try hard to make sure that they know about major events. It is difficult to walk that tightrope and keep everyone happy with the results.

We'll keep trying...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Since I now know that livingsoft is set to stop sending me emails when they are "rejected" 3 times, and I know that my personal setting are set to allow your emails, so that it's probably something beyond my control that would be blocking emails, there is a solution from my end:

I will try to check my account at livingsoft regularly - maybe the first week of every month - and make sure those little boxes are ticked.

posted Hide Post
quote:
I will try to check my account at livingsoft regularly - maybe the first week of every month - and make sure those little boxes are ticked.

I have been doing this for the past several months. Still have not received anything until the recent OPT-Out message. The funny thing is... my message did not come through the e-mail on the LivingsoftNW site where I have all the boxes checked.Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have been doing this for the past several months. Still have not received anything until the recent OPT-Out message. The funny thing is... my message did not come through the e-mail on the LivingsoftNW site where I have all the boxes checked.Elsa

I have no idea if this would apply to you, but we have also found that some people have multiple accounts, under different email addresses. This happens when you register with one, then later use another in a purchase. Even if the accounts are combined when this is noticed, that other email address may still be in the files. So, you might be setting mail preferences to one account and not the other.

Just another confusion factor....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Bob--I can understand the fine line you must walk here, but I do not think anyone would mind you posting a link on these boards to e-mail notices. That way a person can go look, or not, as they choose, and everyone would have an opportunity to see them, especially if there are special codes that would be needed for a purchase. There is no other way to get those codes! Thanks

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no idea if this would apply to you, but we have also found that some people have multiple accounts, under different email addresses. This happens when you register with one, then later use another in a purchase. Even if the accounts are combined when this is noticed, that other email address may still be in the files. So, you might be setting mail preferences to one account and not the other.

Just another confusion factor....

Actually, it makes sense. It's possible I could have made a purchase through a different email if I forgot to log in first. I have several. But would the activation codes go to the correct account? How would I check to see if there is more than one in the files? I can only get one to come up on the LivingsoftNW site. It correctly lists all my purchases plus has the boxes checked.
Thanks, Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, it makes sense. It's possible I could have made a purchase through a different email if I forgot to log in first. I have several. But would the activation codes go to the correct account? How would I check to see if there is more than one in the files? I can only get one to come up on the LivingsoftNW site. It correctly lists all my purchases plus has the boxes checked.
Thanks, Elsa

Well, it does happen. But, not with you at this time. Just looked you up by name and there is only a single account and single email address for you. So, something else is going on this time. I forwarded all of the email addresses that have posted about this to the guy that does the emailings. Hopefully, he can track down the what and why and when.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)