Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    6.10 back change frustration
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.10 back change frustration
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Kaaren,
In the update changes it mentioned that we are now able to add ease to front across chest . Is that option only availabe to the pattern designers or are there plans to give us an across front chest ease option button also? And if we can't add across front ease now, is the only way to manually add it to a faked chart?
Barb

Posts: 5 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
Hi

Haven't yet explored the new back on 6.10. At a quick look, it looks like what I used to get before they put on the flag. With the flag, I used the back shoulder dart to remove the extra material between my narrow shoulder and wide back. Now, it looks like it is back to being removed from the armhole seam. The armhole looks funny with the outward curve, but I know that is actually my shape. Now I can try making up a garment that doesn't include a back shoulder dart. As usual after each update, it's back to the drawing board to see how the changes affect the fit.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the item regardign across chests. From the update change notes.

I don't see where you get front across chest can be user altered.
We did not add user controls to across chest front.
Quote form update notes"

2. The restrictions on the width at center of the front and back armholes were loosened considerably. Also, front and back bust ease (user added amounts only) will now revise the shape of the armscye more, allowing for greater control of across chest and across back fabric than before. NOTE: If your Across Chest or Across Back measurements were too large, this change will now allow that overly large number to have an effect. If your armholes bulge out in the center now, reduce either Across Chest (front) or Across Back accordingly." end quote.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn in Brisbane:
Hi

Haven't yet explored the new back on 6.10. At a quick look, it looks like what I used to get before they put on the flag. With the flag, I used the back shoulder dart to remove the extra material between my narrow shoulder and wide back. Now, it looks like it is back to being removed from the armhole seam. The armhole looks funny with the outward curve, but I know that is actually my shape. Now I can try making up a garment that doesn't include a back shoulder dart. As usual after each update, it's back to the drawing board to see how the changes affect the fit.

Flag has been there for many years. It is NOW REMOVED.not a new flag added.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post