Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    shoulder princess assembly problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

shoulder princess assembly problem
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LindaF:
Sorry Tessa, that was me and it can look good, I think. Roll Eyes

It's lovely Linda (thought it was you). I like it as a 2nd square neck option, but just not for the scoop.
We just need to work out the kinks.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tessa thanks for the info about posting a problem report, I have saved that. BTW I'm not a cat hater and I've just got back from doing 2 horses, various assorted chickens and 7 chicks hatched yesterday without kicking anyone, though the dogs are still waiting for their supper Big Grin.

Contrast panel may be an option as is the lace infill but just for now I will leave it alone and I suspect it may be cut up and used to embroider on... I'm really disappointed and wonder if this kind of thing happens often - or have I just been v unlucky here?

Reading the posting I have looked at the armhole princess, which appears little different to my beginners eye - and the problem does not happen on there. So if I'd chosen that one I'd have been fine - is that right? Frowner

Kaaren thanks for letting me know you will try to sort this in the upgrade that is due out soon - I just hope I don't get flamed by all who are desperate to get their hands on V7.0 Smiler should it cause a delay.

I'm too much of a beginner to really understand the discussion about disappearing princess lines, am I right that it is the front that is wrong and the back and back panels have drafted ok? Just in case I do try a salvage operation, it would be really silly to ditch the wrong bit... Smiler

But I did like the photo link posted of the square necked top, v smart. Can we draft that?

Don't really want to go back to the failure tonight, think I'll go back to cut and stick with the printer - and a gin and tonic (hic)

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
upgrade that is due out soon - I just hope I don't get flamed by all who are desperate to get their hands on V7.0

quote:
upgrade that is due out soon - I just hope I don't get flamed by all who are desperate to get their hands on V7.0

Hi Anne

Livingsoft terminology is that we're expecting an upDATE and will move from Version 6.09 to Version 6.10. This is a free update.

The next upgrade would be from DressShop 6.x to DressShop 7.0, but that would be a paid upgrade because they've done something significant to the software. We haven't been given any indication that this is planned.

Wink newbies are forgiven .... Smiler

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnneR:
I'm really disappointed and wonder if this kind of thing happens often - or have I just been v unlucky here?

Always best to let a problem garment rest for a while - at least overnight.
You are just unlucky that you are the first to try this particular style and neckline combo. If an more experience user had tried, they would have noticed the error at paper stage and queried it.
quote:

... I have looked at the armhole princess, which appears little different to my beginners eye - and the problem does not happen on there. ...

The only difference is that the princess line curves into the armhole. The necklines are corrects on the armhole princess.
quote:

am I right that it is the front that is wrong and the back and back panels have drafted ok?

Umm.. it's just that the front and back don't match. The back center panel is drafting a jewel neck width and the princess panel lines may not match up on the shoulders. You will have to add on fabric to the front center panel and then use the scoop neck from another pattern to work out where to trim off.
quote:

But I did like the photo link posted of the square necked top, v smart. Can we draft that?

Yes that is the Shoulder princess with square neck. The neck may be a little low and wide and your bra may show.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gayle

Sorry, I got my upgrades and updates muddled and invented a whole new numbering system for DS - good thing I don't write the wretched programme Red Face.

Hope you'll all carry on forgiving me even when I'm no longer a newbie, definitely not perfect at anything Razzer

Printer has now jammed, think I'd better give up for the evening. Frowner

Posts: 35 | Location: UK | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ann and others..the back neck I think you wanted was a back jewel that fits to the front scoop...the back sccop is a deeper neckline.

It may help a lot for you to take one garment such as the fitted shirt or the sheath and apply the various neckline choices and print each of the ones that appeal to you in 1/4 scale and compare them.

What means vest here is weskit . What I call muslin is calico elsewhere.
.terminology can be so misleading and id dependant on not just where we are from but what we have learned in the past.

There are several keys to Dress Shop
first fo course is good measurements
second is udnerstanding that default is a starting position
and finally knowing what YOU want in relation to that starting position.

Then the ability to make decisions using your design selections and perhaps the tools to get from start to where you want to be.

A scoop front nenck is a lowered neckline - so is the back sccop neck which you can select as scoop, mid scoop or deep scoop one being lower than the one before.

ALWAYS LAY FACINGS ON THE PATTERN PIECE IT IS TO BE USED WITH AND MAKE SURE THEY MATCH.

When necessary use a pencil to adjust them!

Some day....we will get facings perfect.....right now pattern preparation is the only way I know of to make sure your end results are as fabulous as the garment fit.

Kaaren
patrns4u@aol.com

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[quote]Ann and others..the back neck I think you wanted was a back jewel that fits to the front scoop...the back sccop is a deeper neckline.
------------------------------------------
Yes it was. That was a slip-up when I chose the options, rather than a misunderstanding over definition. Having printed it I decided to atick with it.
-------------------------------------------

It may help a lot for you to take one garment such as the fitted shirt or the sheath and apply the various neckline choices and print each of the ones that appeal to you in 1/4 scale and compare them.

What means vest here is weskit . What I call muslin is calico elsewhere.
.terminology can be so misleading and id dependant on not just where we are from but what we have learned in the past.
------------------------------------------------

Yes, the "divided by a common language" thing still catches me out from time to time
-----------------------------------------------
There are several keys to Dress Shop
first fo course is good measurements
second is udnerstanding that default is a starting position
and finally knowing what YOU want in relation to that starting position.

Then the ability to make decisions using your design selections and perhaps the tools to get from start to where you want to be.

A scoop front nenck is a lowered neckline - so is the back sccop neck which you can select as scoop, mid scoop or deep scoop one being lower than the one before.

ALWAYS LAY FACINGS ON THE PATTERN PIECE IT IS TO BE USED WITH AND MAKE SURE THEY MATCH.

When necessary use a pencil to adjust them!

Some day....we will get facings perfect.....right now pattern preparation is the only way I know of to make sure your end results are as fabulous as the garment fit.

Umm... ok I understand now that I cannot simply use the facings as printed, I must have missed that info - still there's nothing like actually making a mistake to remember for another time Smiler.

But I'm a bit confused about default also being a starting position. Does this mean that anything other than the default setting requires testing before it may be stitched? I thought that once I had got my measurements sorted, I could go in and print patterns off and start to sew...

It's quite late here and I'm just off to bed, maybe I have missed something here - but if I still have to test-sew everything other than default what advantage is there to DS? I can get any old pattern to fit if I stitch out a trial garment first (well in theory I can anyway Smiler).

Kaaren I know you must be frantic getting the latest version out and I'm signing off now. I'd love an answer but no need to do it instant; I'll be back online tomorrow. Best of luck getting the new collection up and running for everyone.

Tessa, thank you for telling me about Problem Reports. They seem to be working fine. Bob has answered my report and confirmed that Kaaren already told him about the bug.It's now been corrected and will be included in the update.

Night night

posted Hide Post
Kaaren & Bob

Thanks so much for including a fix for this at the last minute. The "Show All" and "back" views are still not identical however Frowner. I *think* that the one that prints is now the correct one, but please could someone who knows what they are doing take a look before I waste more time and fabric, I do not exactly feel confident having hit on a bug with my first try.

Now you have got the release out (and when you are awake, I know you're some way behind me Smiler) I would like to know if this is a likelihood with all other than the default patterns... Confused

Thanks

quote:
Porblem report sent.will do all possible to get fixed in tiem for this update coming out today/tonight US time.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Hi Kaaren & Bob

I wonder if you've had a chance to look at this yet. With the update, the "Show All" and "back" views on the scoop neck shoulder princess are still not identical. I *think* that the one that prints is now the correct one, but please could someone who knows what they are doing take a look before I waste more time and fabric, I do not exactly feel confident having hit on a bug with my first try.

Now you have got the release out I would like to know if this is a likelihood with all other than the default patterns...

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnneR:
Hi Kaaren & Bob

I wonder if you've had a chance to look at this yet. With the update, the "Show All" and "back" views on the scoop neck shoulder princess are still not identical. I *think* that the one that prints is now the correct one, but please could someone who knows what they are doing take a look before I waste more time and fabric, I do not exactly feel confident having hit on a bug with my first try.

Now you have got the release out I would like to know if this is a likelihood with all other than the default patterns...

Thanks!

Anne,
I looked at my program and yes, everything you said above is correct. The back pattern piece on the "show all" page still shows the scoop dissappearing into the shoulder line, but when you print it is correct.

Now I have not printed it out to check, but I do believe that this means that front and back should line up. Have you tried to print out some 25% scale of the front and back pattern and lining them up to see if they fit?

As far as the other defaults not being fixed, I am noticing something not right with the square neck. When you select a square neck for the front, it dissappears into the shoulder line, and the back piece looks like it is doing the same on the "show all" page. When you go to the print page, the front is as shown on the "show all" page, but the back is now a jewel neckline that is not dissappearing into the shoulder line and it will therefore be too big. If you make a back square neckline and then go to the print page, it converts from a dissappearing into the shoulder line to adding some to the back.

Now that I have confused everybody, I will say that I think Bob or Kaaren need to play with different variations because there is still some problems.

HTH,
Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
<< I wonder if you've had a chance to look at this yet. With the update, the "Show All" and "back" views on the scoop neck shoulder princess are still not identical. I *think* that the one that prints is now the correct one, but please could someone who knows what they are doing take a look before I waste more time and fabric, I do not exactly feel confident having hit on a bug with my first try.

Now you have got the release out I would like to know if this is a likelihood with all other than the default patterns... >>

Dang. Thought that was fixed, but it's not. But, you can easily get either neck variant you want using the Neck Width setting. To have the neckline merge into the princess line, just set the neck opening width wider than where the pricness lines are. Any amount will do. Try 11" wide neck opening. It will stop when it hits the princess line and you will get the neck-merged-with-princess line look. This is an optional neckline that kind of fell out of a bug. But, if you like it, just widen the neck and you should get it.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never saw it do this before but the back piece and the print piece are correct.....
the show all the back neck "swoops" as if the draft isnt completing.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh dear, Frowner I think I'll give this one a miss until it's sorted. I really need to make something successful with my novice skills at dressmaking and DS using before I try something temperamental Smiler. Have cut out a T-shirt from the new collection and hopefully that will be ok...

quote:
Dang. Thought that was fixed, but it's not