New
Find
Notify
Tools

New List
 Login/Join

posted
Hi there,
If you have questions about Home Dec program or just trying to get the right combinations for your home decorating, drop us a note. We love to hear from the HomeDec Sampler users.
Thanks,

Posts: 7 | Location: Jefferson City, MO | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello, actually Home Dec is the only program I don't have. Can you give ma a cliff notes version of how you use it?

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Elaine,
The HomeDec Sampler is a just that, a sampling of items that are easy to sew and make using the Home Dec program. There are throw pillows, curtains, swags, pillow shams, and slipcovers etc. in the program. You just add your measurements to the areas needed and then print out your patterns for the items in the program. They are simple, easy to use patterns with picture instructions of how to make with each step. The program makes it very easy to decorate your home. Thank you for your interest in the program. Let me know if I can be of more assistance to you.

Posts: 7 | Location: Jefferson City, MO | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've used Home Dec for a few projects. I have some strange European pillows. All I had to do was measure, put the numbers into Home Dec and it did all the "pattern making." I could have done it without the software, but it was a bit of handholding I appreciated. Boxed cushions are another example: just entered the measurements. It is easy to forget some little thing when doing these "easy" projects. I haven't had to throw out any "not quite right" pieces of cut material since using it. I think it would make a great gift to beginning sewers... something I'll give my daughter-in-law as soon as she takes the sewing machine I gave her out of the box. (But she is a terrific cook!)
Carol
An American in London

Posts: 21 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carol,
You are so right. Sometimes the easiest things are the ones we just can't get right. It's nice to have a security blanket to hold on to. Just what the HomeDec Sampler does. But have you tried the slipcovers yet? That was the tough one for me.
Glad to know that the Home Dec program has kept you from making any bad cuts. Those can get costly sometimes also.
Keep decorating, you have the tools.

posted Hide Post
Where can I see this Home Dec program and what it does?
Juliana

Posts: 14 | Location: Courtenay, BC, Canada | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where can I see this Home Dec program and what it does?

To read a bit about Home Dec Sampler, please see this web page:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/Products/HomeDec.htm

Or, go to this web page and download the free demo and browse it yourself....

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post