Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Slim Fit Pants Ankle Adjustment in Fit Tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Slim Fit Pants Ankle Adjustment in Fit Tool
 Login/Join

posted
With vers. 6.12, I am unable to change the ankle ease in the Fit Tool for the slim fit pants. I would like to make a nice straight leg pants using this pattern, but I can not see it happening on screen. The numbers do change, but the pattern (picture) does not change.
It does not change on the slim fit boot cut pants nor the tapered pants, either. The ankle does change on the fitted pants and the jeans.
I have tried changing the ankle ease using standard sizing, and it does not change with these sizes either.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
With vers. 6.12, I am unable to change the ankle ease in the Fit Tool for the slim fit pants. I would like to make a nice straight leg pants using this pattern, but I can not see it happening on screen. The numbers do change, but the pattern (picture) does not change.
It does not change on the slim fit boot cut pants nor the tapered pants, either. The ankle does change on the fitted pants and the jeans.
I have tried changing the ankle ease using standard sizing, and it does not change with these sizes either.

Yes, I see that, too. Ankle ease is not adding to the slim fit pants bottom width as it should. We'll get that fixed....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLJones:
With vers. 6.12, I am unable to change the ankle ease in the Fit Tool for the slim fit pants. I would like to make a nice straight leg pants using this pattern...
Have you tried using the hem circumference option to see if that will accomplish what you're looking for. I don't have 6.12 installed yet but it looks like it might do it in 6.11.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DLJones:
With vers. 6.12, I am unable to change the ankle ease in the Fit Tool for the slim fit pants. I would like to make a nice straight leg pants using this pattern...
Have you tried using the hem circumference option to see if that will accomplish what you're looking for. I don't have 6.12 installed yet but it looks like it might do it in 6.11.

The Hem Circumference setting kinda sorta works. You can make the slim fit pants hem line get wider. I have not looked into the whys and wherefors, but you appear to need to enter very large numbers for circumference to make it work, though. The slim fit pants were intended to be controlled by ease. Ease anywhere. It is not working with ankle ease at the moment. The Hem Circumference setting will give you the same results, but the amount is not at all logical. Just keep upping the number till you see the hem spread, but know that was not the way anyone expected this pattern to be adjusted.

The bug will get fixed as soon as we do an update or patch...

In the meantime, use any tool that gets you what you need. Good suggestion, Diane!

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When using hem circumference tool I'd suggest turning on the grid and measuring the existing circumference, then increase total circumference just enough to straighten out the leg. Too much will give you a "bell bottom" flare.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
confirmed and on our fix list

K

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post