Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleeve Help
 Login/Join

posted
I am having a difficult time with sleeves in DS 6.17. Can anyone help, please?

The sleeves draft with large wrinkles that start at the center of the arm and wrap down around elbow. It doesn't matter what fit level is used. The wrinkles are just more pronounced as the fit gets looser. There is also excess fabric at the back of the armhole where it connects with the bodice back.

You can see pictures of this on the club site. It is in albums, e-fit bodice. I talked to Kaaren about an e-fit but she said she didn't know when she would be able to look at it.

I would appreciate any help on this as I have no idea where to start on this one.

Thanks in advance,
Renee

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can see pictures of this on the club site. It is in albums, e-fit bodice. I talked to Kaaren about an e-fit but she said she didn't know when she would be able to look at it.

Really??? I said I needed a block of time to convert the chart you sent, but Id get to it asap...too bad you missed the class on how sleeves are developed last week.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Renee - thank you sooooo much for going to the trouble to post your questions and your photos. My sleeves are exactly the same, always have been (even with another pattern drafting software program), but I could not describe what the problem was. So you're question, and Kaaren's notes at quiltropolis, will be a big help to me when I get back to my sloper later this winter.

Speaking of which, yes, it would be nice if all of us could take the classes, and most of us do when the timing works for where we live. In the summer, there are a lot of us in western North America who work during the week and can't make a mid-morning, mid week class and who have other obligations Sunday mornings. We'll catch up with everything over the winter!

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its amazing but soemtimes you can "see better" using a photograph than you can "see it on your body. After all thats always a mirror image.

So If you can get a photo of a probelm fit frotn back and sides and then sit down and examine it you may find your own answers.

Use a pencil and draw the garment into 4 pieces so you examine and focus one ach quadrant.mentally or actually draw on the measuring lines..it will help you determine which measure is out of kilter.

Pin fit the test garment and measure the fittred sloper.

Read the sloper article in MPD under Sizes, test fit.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post