Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

new upgrade
 Login/Join

posted
How has the fit changed in the new upgrade? Has it been drastically improved over 8.05 in all areas? Looking at the new pattern options, am I correct in seeing that the majority of the new patterns are the swimsuits, shirring and collar options? I am asking as I am not sure I can squeeze out the upgrade at the moment, but now wonder if the fit of 8.05 is ok or that I have to go to 9.0.----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
How has the fit changed in the new upgrade? Has it been drastically improved over 8.05 in all areas? Looking at the new pattern options, am I correct in seeing that the majority of the new patterns are the swimsuits, shirring and collar options? I am asking as I am not sure I can squeeze out the upgrade at the moment, but now wonder if the fit of 8.05 is ok or that I have to go to 9.0.----

The pattern changes are hard to describe in a posting like this. Perhaps Kaaren can do a class on that one of these days. The simplest to see are with an unfitted pattern like the Unfitted Shell. Prior to this build, that pattern would support very few option to design tool settings. For instance, most yoke options worked poorly with it, if at all. Now, most tools and options work with it properly. You can add some side-seam shaping and darting to it if you wish. In addition, ease amounts were generally reduced as the draft is more refined than when that pattern was first created.

Most of the pattern revisions are included in the Dress Shop 8.05 update (the free part). Dress Shop 9 gives you the swimsuits (all possible swimsuits), grecian halters, shirring tool, collar designer, Pleated Necklines, Grecian Necklines, new Turtlenecks, Caftan sleeves, some new settings, and the patterns in the Dress Shop 9 Bonus Collection. They'll be there when you are ready ....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I purchased DS9, do I still have to download the DS8.5 update, or do I have it all?
Thank you for working hard on this, I like DS and owning all the patterns I play with.
Anya

Posts: 63 | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You must download, install and activate the DS9 UPgrade from the download page with the program CLOSED, firewall and anti virus turned off or security level lowered.

If using Win 7 make sure you are in administrator mode not user account mode.
Under Start>Programs find Livingsoft right click and select Run as administrator..

install, Activate and restart

the upgrade is all included in the download.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Anya

Posts: 63 | Registered: 23 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post