Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Are you a machine knitter? If you are read this...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you a machine knitter? If you are read this...
 Login/Join

posted
Hello everyone,
I machine knit in the Winter months and sew in the Summer.
I have recently acquired a Knit contour Radar (a KR-7) for my knitting machines. You insert in the KR-7 a garment pattern scaled down to 50%, and enter your knitting gauge. No further calculations are required. You just knit your garment using the Knit Radar as your guide.
I love DS for the fact that you can print a pattern reduced at 50%. DS is the ideal tool for perfectly designing knitted clothing when you use it along with the Knit Contour Radar.
Alexandra - in MO, USA.

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Very cool......I had a knitting machine back in the 70's when they were sort of neolithic.would be fun to check out the modern varieties.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of machine did you have? Do you still have it?
Alexandra - in MO, USA

Posts: 49 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 09 November 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
I had a Princess that I picked up in Tokyo back in 1972 .. couldnt find the manual to order any replacement parts etc, useless as the company has been bought up by another, and a friend gave me another one of slightly newer vintage that I have still.
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post