Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem Report Verification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem Report Verification
 Login/Join

posted
I submitted 2 problem reports early this morning and have not received any sort of a response. How do I know that the reports were received? I will resubmit on list if necessary.

Renee Wuenstel

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Problem reports got to a person and it may be a delay due to
1 time zones the report comes to Pacific time and I believe you are in central.so thats 2 hrs right there.

2 the person who was to review them was busy at something else(today was managers meeting which lasts hours.....)

3 the report didnt arrive.

There is not an autoresponder saying "we got it". so a little patience........if tis here we will get to it as quickly as possible.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I submitted 2 problem reports early this morning and have not received any sort of a response. How do I know that the reports were received? I will resubmit on list if necessary.

As with the reports from Jacqui Gates, I replied to yours from this morning and it went to your name (see the clip from the email below) which looks like it should go to you, but actually went to your name, not your email address. I do not know why we have recently gotten several emails that have gone astray like this when I replied to the report. If you have any idea from the settings in your email program, do let us know. With most problem reports, when I reply to it, the email goes to the sender. Yours did not. I will try forwarding it to your actual email address. But, it would be nice to know why "Reply" is not working in these cases.

----- Original Message -----
To: Renee Wuenstel
Cc: gasc61944@verizon.net ; elsa@elsariedel.com
Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 9:24 AM
Subject: Re: New Problem Report

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren,

I think that the autoresponder feature would be a good one to add in the future.
The only problem report that I've ever sent (many months ago) warranted comment by Bob to the discussion list, and I remember the sense of relief at seeing his answer -knowing that it had been received.

Blessings,
Laura in IL

DS Deluxe 6.14
EP for Girls, Ultimate Pants, Illusions, Princess Designer, Activewear II, Fashion Designer 1

Posts: 15 | Location: Crystal Lake, Illinois, U.S. | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might I suggest that the problem is not on my end. Many people reply to me on a daily basis and the mail comes through fine. Since this problem seems to be happening to several people that you are replying to, perhaps the problem exists with your settings. You stated that this has just started happening so you might want to see if anything has changed recently in your environment. I am using plain old hotmail and have changed nothing in my settings.

Thanks,
Renee Wuenstel

posted Hide Post
quote:
Might I suggest that the problem is not on my end. Many people reply to me on a daily basis and the mail comes through fine. Since this problem seems to be happening to several people that you are replying to, perhaps the problem exists with your settings. You stated that this has just started happening so you might want to see if anything has changed recently in your environment. I am using plain old hotmail and have changed nothing in my settings.

Sorry, I thought I had posted about this, but guess I must have just replied to direct emails instead. In any case, we found last night that the web service that processes problem reports had been modified 3 weeks ago (when I dropped my DressShopBob@aol.com email address and switched to Reports@LivingsoftNW.com). When that was done, the service no longer properly passed on the "Reply To" email address. So, every reply I have made to a problem report in the past 3 weeks did not get delivered.

Yesterday, I re-sent all of those. Hopefully they will get there now. I have several reports still in the "to be researched" list, so if you did not get a reply yesterday (Diane, Marrianne, Hanne, Ressy, Elizabeth, and Selma - I think that is all) those are still pending.

Only yesterday was it apparent that replies that were sent had not been received. Sorry we did not learn of this sooner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dress Shop,

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
we found last night that the web service that processes problem reports had been modified 3 weeks ago (when I dropped my DressShopBob@aol.com email address and switched to Reports@LivingsoftNW.com). When that was done, the service no longer properly passed on the "Reply To" email address. So, every reply I have made to a problem report in the past 3 weeks did not get delivered.

Yesterday, I re-sent all of those. Hopefully they will get there now.

I received two yesterday, thank you, but my replies to both bounced back to me as undeliverable. Was this because of the above problem? Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received two yesterday, thank you, but my replies to both bounced back to me as undeliverable. Was this because of the above problem? Elsa

Not that I know of. If you replied to what I sent, it should have gone to "Reports@LivingsoftNW.com". If, when you look at the "To" field of the outgoing email, it could say "Problem Reports". If your email program displays the address that way, you can right click on it and select properties to see what the actual mail-to address is. That should be the "Reports@LivingsoftNW.com".

Far as I know, sending email to that account should work normally. I just sent email to it myself from another account and it got there instantly.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
If you replied to what I sent, it should have gone to "Reports@LivingsoftNW.com". If, when you look at the "To" field of the outgoing email, it could say "Problem Reports". If your email program displays the address that way, you can right click on it and select properties to see what the actual mail-to address is. That should be the "Reports@LivingsoftNW.com".

I did just hit reply to your message. They did say Problem Reports in the "to" field, the properties did say Reports@LivingsoftNW.com, and they both bounced back to me. They are still sitting in my sent folder, I checked when I got the bounce notice and I just double checked again. Unfortunately, I didn't save the summary that was returned stating why or I would try to send it. Basically, it said that it had tried to deliver it many times to no avail and gave up. Big Grin
Elsa

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elsa-Tx,

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did just hit reply to your message. They did say Problem Reports in the subject, the properties did say Reports@LivingsoftNW.com, and they both bounced back to me. They are still sitting in my sent folder, I checked when I got the bounce notice and I just double checked again. Unfortunately, I didn't save the summary that was returned stating why or I would try to send it. Basically, it said that it had tried to deliver it many times to no avail and gave up.

Beats me.

Try forwarding it to Bob@LivingsoftNW.com. If that does not work, I don't know what the problem would be.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
Yesterday, I re-sent all of those. Hopefully they will get there now. I have several reports still in the "to be researched" list, so if you did not get a reply yesterday (Diane, Marrianne, Hanne, Ressy, Elizabeth, and Selma - I think that is all) those are still pending.

Does this mean you did not receive my report on sleeve measurements changing? I have not received a repsonse and am not included on the above list. I can resend if necessary.

Renee Wuenstel

posted Hide Post
quote:
Does this mean you did not receive my report on sleeve measurements changing? I have not received a repsonse and am not included on the above list. I can resend if necessary.

Yours was forwarded to PeggySue in customer support. I do not know her schedule, I'm afraid. I'm sorry I left several reports that were forwarded to others...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)