Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Pattern Suggestion: Simple Fisherman Pants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pattern Suggestion: Simple Fisherman Pants
 Login/Join

posted
First off, I wasnt sure if there was a better place in the forums to post this that covers "suggestion box" type posts, but I apologize for the slightly OT nature of this

Any chance LivingSoft plans on coming out with a pattern for Thai Fisherman's Pants?

http://motheroak.blogspot.com/...fisherman-pants.html

Obviously the pattern is super simple but I just figured this might be a good edition to Dress Shop anyway

Posts: 9 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One Seam Pants: They are NOT the same, but they do offer the same comfort/fit -please see the one seam pant and see if it fulfills your needs.

When we add design elements the hope is it can be used over a series of patterns and fit levels. Such as pleated necks for dress/blouses/loungewear and lingerie.

The Thai fisherman pant would be a "one off" with no further uses - lots of R&D for very little user return. At this time it is not on my short list.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I forgot to add you can use the applied fold over waist finish for the "upper panel" and adjust fit levels, waist placement, panel width etc.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
One Seam Pants: They are NOT the same, but they do offer the same comfort/fit -please see the one seam pant and see if it fulfills your needs.

When we add design elements the hope is it can be used over a series of patterns and fit levels. Such as pleated necks for dress/blouses/loungewear and lingerie.

The Thai fisherman pant would be a "one off" with no further uses - lots of R&D for very little user return. At this time it is not on my short list.
Kaaren

Figured as much. Its a popular item but they are quite easy to buy on eBay and are low cost. Probably too simple to have someone needing Dress Shop. The tutorial I originally linked for gives great tips.

I see what you mean on the one seam pants pattern which is already offered. Seems to do the trick but I might have to manually let out the 2 pieces myself. Fisherman pants tend to be waaaayyyy big on the person in the waistline so that they can do the traditional Thai tie, securing the fit with the 2 ties that come from the back (just below the waist line)

(sized to me, who is a bit wide in the hip/waist area)

-MW

PS: Is there a pattern design software that LivingSoft produces called My Pattern Designer? Or did I imagine it.

Posts: 9 | Registered: 23 June 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Posted 13 July 2011 11:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:

Kaaren

Figured as much. Its a popular item but they are quite easy to buy on eBay and are low cost. Probably too simple to have someone needing Dress Shop. The tutorial I originally linked for gives great tips.

I see what you mean on the one seam pants pattern which is already offered. Seems to do the trick but I might have to manually let out the 2 pieces myself. Fisherman pants tend to be waaaayyyy big on the person in the waistline so that they can do the traditional Thai tie, securing the fit with the 2 ties that come from the back (just below the waist line)

(sized to me, who is a bit wide in the hip/waist area)

PS: Is there a pattern design software that LivingSoft produces called My Pattern Designer? Or did I imagine it.

It is a seperate company but same designers, programmers- you can see it at MyPatternDesigner.com
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com