Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old DS Helps
 Login/Join

posted
I have recently upgraded to DS8. I have not made anything yet due to continuing weight loss. (down 115.....25 more to go). But I do have a couple of questions.

I have been going through my old instructions on various topics of DS and am wondering how much of the past instructions we have received are revelant to the new program.

Such as:
Fashion Designer instructions
Crotch Info...curves...length....J hook
Dart formulas
Armhole & sleeve adjustments
Cap Ease
Etc.

Also I see I have vol 1 & 2 of an email newsletter called News You Can Use. Is that still active? Or has it been canceled or replaces?

Thanks for your help. I an anxious to get started back with new clothes. Out goes 2 more trash bags full of "too big" clothes tomorrow.

Shirley in Houston

Posts: 23 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have recently upgraded to DS8. I have not made anything yet due to continuing weight loss. (down 115.....25 more to go). But I do have a couple of questions.

I have been going through my old instructions on various topics of DS and am wondering how much of the past instructions we have received are revelant to the new program.

Such as:
Fashion Designer instructions
Crotch Info...curves...length....J hook
Dart formulas
Armhole & sleeve adjustments
Cap Ease
Etc.

Also I see I have vol 1 & 2 of an email newsletter called News You Can Use. Is that still active? Or has it been canceled or replaces?

Hi Shirley,

Many of the old instructional articles are still valid. But, of those you mentioned:

1. Fashion Designer - nope. The tools have changed and the new user manual plus help articles you get from each tool are more relevant.

2. Crotch articles. Anything we wrote prior to Dress Shop 8 is obsolete. To adjust pants fit with the current release, see the directions here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS...PantsAdjustments.htm

3. Dart formulas and sleeve adjustments? Those are all probably still valid.

4. News you can use? There are now 15 issues of the Dress Shop newsletter out there. The archive for them is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/newsletter/index.htm

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post