Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Pants Customiser confusion
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pants Customiser confusion
 Login/Join

posted
Getting very confused - the Pants Customiser states "This tool can be used with any owned pants patterns" (? links to all your latest version of pants collections online).

The patterns in red below are not owned (this is all of them).

Wanting Clasic Boot-Cut jeans as they are part of DS9.09 Pro - only way to obtain is: Load Pattern, Pants, Jeans. Open CPC, Jeans and Select Boot Cut - this works, though ankle ease is only available in fit customiser.

I also own warmup pants pattern. If I try and open the Compl. Pants Cust. for any changes - I lose ownership entirely - only Fit Customiser allows any changes.

So have you completely divorced the Pants Customiser from
all the Ultimate pants and other sets I have owned since the early years or is there a glitch/difference of opinion in where the files are stored ??

I completely uninstalled, cleaned out my system of all possible corrupted files (config, measurements etc) then re-installed to make sure it wasn't something from a bad download.activated & re-imported measurements from Backup. using Win 8.1.

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Helen- you have the option to LOAD from files>saved patterns those pants patterns you already own OR use the Pant Designer Tool to create/design a new pant if you have purchased the tool.

The designer tool has enhanced draft code and many more options.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren - I sent this request through Dress Shop Section of Discussion, referring
to Dress Shop 9.09 which has the Pants Customiser ?semi? included as part of the old ultimate pants.
Or is is now a full part of DS?? Either way please apply the rest of comments where CPC shows I own nothing. Is Customiser purchaseable or is it part of DS?? because I have not found any reference to purchasing in relation to DS, and as stated before it is only partially recognizing patterns that I own already, otherwise I have some control in fit customiser.
Are we actually on the same page - because Classic Boot Cut Jeans are listed as supplied in Pro, but not selectable (ie not in) the Load Pattern Menu - see original post......

Helen M
Sth Australia
DS9 Pro
Ultimate Outerwear,
Ultimate Pants.
Add Ons 1 - 14,
Pattern Sets 1044,1046, 1049,1050. & other.
Autumn 2009
Ultimate Lingerie & Loungewear '23

Windows 11 x64 Pro
Canon IX6860

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The Pant design tool and the old Ultimate Pant collection are different. All products and collections are in your program - they simply need to be activated to function. If they were included or to be purchased.

I cant look up your account without having your registered email address which you can send to me directly at Patrns4u@aol.com

IN the meantime go to File activate and allow the program to collect all your codes. IF you own it - it will activate.

regards
Kaaren

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kaaren - I sent this request through Dress Shop Section of Discussion, referring
to Dress Shop 9.09 which has the Pants Customiser ?semi? included as part of the old ultimate pants.
Or is is now a full part of DS?? Either way please apply the rest of comments where CPC shows I own nothing. Is Customiser purchaseable or is it part of DS?? because I have not found any reference to purchasing in relation to DS, and as stated before it is only partially recognizing patterns that I own already, otherwise I have some control in fit customiser.
Are we actually on the same page - because Classic Boot Cut Jeans are listed as supplied in Pro, but not selectable (ie not in) the Load Pattern Menu - see original post......

This is a very complicated set of questions, primarily because the answer varies based on what one owns and when they purchased. Different customers will get different results based on the mix of what they own.

The list of patterns included in Dress Shop 9 Pro is what a new buyer, purchasing today would get. It is a slightly different list from what a long time owner, upgrading to the current version would have. Basically, someone that has owned Dress Shop for many years, upgrading many times, will own many more patterns than a first time buyer will get. But, they may have slightly different names or be in slightly different places. The program tries to keep what you own in the same place and with the same name as you upgrade. But, newer versions may have a different organization of pattern folders and pattern names as more and more of each get added.

It is all made more complicated by the similar products available from My Pattern Designer, where the Complete Pants Designer is a tool you can purchase that comes with some included patterns. In the Livingsoft line, the tool is included with Pro, but comes with no patterns. Instead, it can customize any other pants patterns that you already own. It does, include tabs that list templates for jeans, career pants, Activewear pants, etc., which are sold as $29 mini-collections from the Livingsoft web store.

So, back to Helen's Boot-Fit Jeans pattern question. When Helen activates, she should have 57 pants patterns in various folders. In the Jeans folder, she should have Classic Jeans, rather than Classic Boot-Cut Jeans because she upgraded from an earlier version of Dress Shop that included that pattern. I did change the list of patterns for Dress Shop 9 Pro to read that way as that label could include either case, so might be acceptable to either new buyers or upgrading current owners.

Helen should also have various jeans and boot-cut pants patterns in her "Close Fit Pants" and "Fitted Pants" folders. She could load the Fitted Boot-Cut pants pattern, for instance, then use the Complete Pants Customizer tool to select a contoured waistband and a yoke and duplicate the Boot-Cut jeans pattern.

Or, in her My Pattern Designer program, she can use the Complete Pants Designer product that she owns and select the Classic Boot-Cut Jeans pattern from the menu in the tool there.

So, regardless what it is you are trying to make, there are several ways to get there if you can just get around the label issue which should be a bit less important than the pattern you can get. If some feature is not what you wanted, use the tool to change that feature. That is what these tools are all about, customizing the patterns you have to select the features you want. When you have everything just the way you want it, save the pattern and call it whatever you like. Next time you want that pattern, you'll find it easier if it has the name you think of first, rather than the variants that different generations of Dress Shop have used over the years.

posted Hide Post
I am not Diane, but I am a long-term user of both Dress Shop and Pattern Designer. This is a very useful explanation of the sometimes complex mix of patterns and design tools that can occur. Thank you very much for clarifying this issue.
Lettie
in rainy cool Florida

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Helen, I have just discovered I have the same problem with the pants patterns, did you get it sorted out or not.

This has been driving me crazy for about 5 days now.

Jeanette in Melbourne
quote:
Originally posted by Helen M. SA:

Posts: 13 | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jeanette, I presume you have seen all the writebacks from my question last year (link below)

http://livingsoftnw.groupee.ne...08521&m=977004459001

I didn't ever get a full answer, but it now seems obvious to me that you have to buy one of the new pants pattern sets to get the full options in Pants Customiser, or open a pattern you own from File: load pattern.
(I already had Ultimate Pants, and the original 14 add ons that have been mostly commuted into DS Pro). What seems to happen is that you can adjust a lot of the settings/fit in pants customiser, (don't forget the 3 mini tabs on the side - ie if ankle ease is off there, then hem circumference is likely to be on in fit tab, or else if not working in Pants Customiser, usually still available in the other: Options menus, or Design Tools: Fit Customiser. Makes it roundabout, but can get most of what I want done.

Hope I have successfully answered your questions.

I also have MPD Pro and the CPD and Jeans Collection purchased when they were on special to save on frustration, but lets face it, I still haven't made anything but pull on warm-up pants in Ponte de Roma because the design is just so flattering from buttock to ankle and always brings comments.

H.