New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Hello,

Right now I have Dress Shop 6 standard and am considering either upgrading to DS 7 or MPD but need some imput as to which I should go with.

I haven't used DS much since purchase but am now getting back to sewing more for myself and would like to create my own patterns for optimum fit. I read comments that MPD is a great improvement over DS but if I've never used the DS I have would I be better sticking with it and upgrading to 7 with the fit tools, extra patterns etc over going to MPD? Any help on deciding would be appreciated!

Ann in Wilmington, NC

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Ann,

Disclaimer: I am a team member but first and foremost I am a user of the programs.

From my own experience and reports from my wonderful group of testers who beta test everything we release. We all use MPD extensively to sew for themselves and often family members. The testers are what you might consider "high end" users with both experience and great sewing skills. We create entire wardrobes not just an occasional garment. Everything in my closet and drawers with the exception of bras (which I can purchase inexpensively) started as a program pattern from night gowns, robes and Pj’s to my most formal holiday outfits.

The reason we use MPD almost exclusively is that it has an enhanced drafting code, and a more user friendly environment. MPD is a great pattern making TOOL with incredible variety and flexibility. If you can dream it up you are well on your way to having your new garment as quickly as you can point, click, print and prepare the pattern.

Free classes are held every Sunday at 1PM Pacific time during the winter months and 1Pm Eastern time during the summer months.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Ann -
Go for MPD! You won't be sorry.
I am a tester and LOVE MPD. Like Karen said we draft everything from PJ's to coats and beyond. The tools are great and you can buy as many or as few patterns as you wish. Even a basic blouse or pant pattern allows you MANY customizing options.
MPD is newer techonolgy and has many many more patterns.
Go for it!
Nancy

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post