Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop
 Login/Join

posted
Has Livingsoft abandoned additions and improvements to DressShop in favor of MPD? I haven't seen a newsletter nor any updates recently. -----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Email went out just 24 hours ago to all registered owners who are signed up for emails.

If you address bounced recently your name may have been withdrawn. Make sure to check your account and make sure you are signed up.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not received any emails for a long time from either Dress Shop or MPD. I have checked both the Dress Shop and the MPD accounts and both have the correct email address and the boxes checked to have emails sent to me. Is it possible to know what information was in the emails that were sent out yesterday?
Linda

Posts: 32 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I didn’t get the emails or the newsletter either.

Kat >^..^< in Colorado

Kat >^..^<
My Pattern Designer Pro 1.09, DS Pro & Doll Shop Deluxe Fashion Designer Suite v7.02, Doll Shop Deluxe, FD1, FD2, Activewear II, Spring & Summer 2005, Men's Essential, DS Fit Tool, DS Princess Designer, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants, Add-ons 1-14, All pattern sets through 1046, plus 1050, Hat Shop 1.1, Home Dec Sampler 1.02, Win XP Home, HP C5180, IE 7.

Posts: 15 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't receive the e-mail either. Is there a way we can access it even if it was not sent to us via e-mail?
Elaine

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not received the email and do not see it posted on the Dress Shop site. How can I get a copy of it?

Renee

Posts: 97 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As usual, YES,I am signed up for emails, newsletters, etc. and AS USUAL, I have received no newsletters or notification that they exist.

Diane in Central Virginia

Diane in Central Virginia
Computer Aided Threads
Livingsoft and Electric Quilt
Educator

Posts: 39 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We DO wish to communicate with you!

Unfortunatly if your spam filter ever returned your addy as undeliverable your address was automatically pulled from the email lists. If we continued to send to such address's its not just a waste of our time and energy but may be considered spamming.

Set your account settings to no mail, then click ok for mail and copy and repaste your email addy. This should "reset" the list address's. Make sure that our address's are in your address book so they are "permitted" by your and your ISP's spam filters

Dress Shop:
Info@livingsoftnw.com

MPD
Info@MyPatternDesigner.com

at the same time make sure that
support@MyPatternDesigner.com
and support@livingsoftnw.com

are in your address book so when you write us our reply isnt filtered.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not received any messages from MPD or DS either. My boxes are checked to receive information. Your messages are not in my spam box.

Posts: 183 | Location: CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I didn't receive the e-mail either. Is there a way we can access it even if it was not sent to us via e-mail?

I'll try to cover all the questions on this topic in one note, so if you are interested, please do read it all. Both Livingsoft and MPD use the same email marketing service to send offers and newsletters to their customers. The offer being discussed here was from Livingsoft. A similar offer from MPD was briefly delayed, but those should go out very shortly.

Some special offers (including the current one) are not posted on the website as they are intended for current owners, rather than new buyers. These offers are only sent to those owners that have requested Livingsoft email offers by checking the appropriate notification check boxes on their customer accounts page on the web site. Livingsoft will not send email to anyone whose account does not have those boxes checked.

There are four reasons that you might not receive some email offers. Those are:

1. You may have signed up for both Livingsoft and MPD email. In some cases, when the same offer will be made to each group, the first email is suppressed so you only get the offer once. In this case, the Livingsoft email went out first, so those getting both Livingsoft and MPD offers will get their email when the MPD batch gets sent. That should happen very shortly.

2. The check box requesting email offers is not checked in your customer account. To see if that is the case, log into "Your Account" on the Livingsoft web site, select "Change Account Details". At the bottom of that page are check boxes for receiving emails from Livingsoft. If yours is not checked, no emails will be sent to you.

3. The email was sent and did not get delivered. This can happen when spam filters intercept the email, realize that it is a bulk email and block it as spam. That can occur in your own desktop email program or it can be done by your email service provider (AOL, Comcast, Hotmail, or whatever). If an email is simply blocked with no notice sent back to the sender, then the sender cannot know and cannot do anything about it. The process required to see if your service provider blocked the email varies for each, so you will need to check with them to see how you can tell what has been blocked.

4. In other cases, the email service provider will block the email and send a "bounce" notice back to the sender. When a bounce notice is received by any bulk email sender, they are supposed to not send future emails to that address. Bounce notices are sent by the service provider, so the email customer would not be aware of them. Bounce notices are sent for abandoned email accounts, over-full in-boxes (can happen during vacations), account not available, etc. When a bounce notice is received by Livingsoft, future emails are not sent to that address.

I am aware of only two ways that the email check boxes are ever set. Those are:

1. By the account owner who can change them at any time by logging into their account on the web site, selecting "Change Account Details", and checking the appropriate email check boxes.

2. By Livingsoft customer support if the account owner requests it on the phone.

I can assure you that there is no reason that anyone at Livingsoft would change your email preferences for any other reason.

I checked the customer account files and bounce list for each of those that have posted about not receiving the latest email offers. The results are:

Elaine L. - your MPD account is set to receive emails, but your Livingsoft account is NOT. You should get the offer once the MPD batch gets sent.

Renee W. - your MPD account is set to receive emails, but your Livingsoft account is NOT. You should get the offer once the MPD batch gets sent.

Kat R. - you are signed up for both MPD and Livingsoft emails. You should get the offer once the MPD batch gets sent.

Doris K. - you are signed up for both MPD and Livingsoft emails. You should get the offer once the MPD batch gets sent.

For anyone else that did not receive the email offer, please do not post. The reasons you would not get it are described above and you can deal the cause as you wish. There is nothing that Livingsoft or MPD can do about any of those causes.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. You may have signed up for both Livingsoft and MPD email. In some cases, when the same offer will be made to each group, the first email is suppressed so you only get the offer once. In this case, the Livingsoft email went out first, so those getting both Livingsoft and MPD offers will get their email when the MPD batch gets sent. That should happen very shortly.

BTW, in this case, the same coupon code can be used for either Livingsoft or MPD products. So, if you only get an email from MPD, you can still use that code to get a discount for Livingsoft products as well.

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NEW PICS POSTED IN QUILTROPOLIS

Hi all, have uploaded some not that great pictures of evening blouse I made for last month, under SA Helen. Very happy with the outfit which is embroidered Silk Taffeta, though you wouldn't think to see the pics. The cat had ideas so I spent a bit of time waving hands to keep him from launching himself at me. Doesn't help !!!!

http://forums.quiltropolis.net/photos/photo-category-albums.asp?categoryid=23

Helen in Sth Australia.

Posts: 77 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh what a pretty color- nice fit and I see your dress form over to the right! Very nice.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
Well, now --

In light of the number of folks who did not get the emailed offer (I'm one of them, too, for some reason), can the email to owners go out again?

Thanks!

Barb

Posts: 36 | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
In light of the number of folks who did not get the emailed offer (I'm one of them, too, for some reason), can the email to owners go out again?

There were several thousand email offers sent out to various Dress Shop and MPD customers. There have been 7 posts about non-receipt. Since the other thousands might not appreciate receiving multiple copies, we do not plan to remail. Particularly since whatever prevented receipt in the first place could well prevent it the second time as well.

If you did not receive the current offer, please send an email to support@livingsoftnw.com or PeggySue will forward it to you directly and individually.