New
Find
Notify
Tools

coveralls
 Login/Join

<Bernie>
posted
When my husband works outside he wears coveralls to protect his clothing. I would like a pair of coveralls too, but have been unable to purchase any for my size (short and wide). I was looking at Dresshop's jumpsuits. Does anyone have an idea which style would work best for a zip-front coverall? I would also like to know how to make certain they will be loose enough to fit over my jeans and sweatshirt.

Thank you, Bernie

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
When my husband works outside he wears coveralls to protect his clothing. I would like a pair of coveralls too, but have been unable to purchase any for my size (short and wide). I was looking at Dresshop's jumpsuits. Does anyone have an idea which style would work best for a zip-front coverall? I would also like to know how to make certain they will be loose enough to fit over my jeans and sweatshirt.

Oddly enough, I was just fixing a bug with the coveralls pattern. It is in the Men's Wear - Pants - Relaxed Style pants menu. The outseam of the pants part of the pattern is slightly out of place. There is a fix for that in the next update, or you can just pencil in straight lines from the shirt part to the cuff in the meantime.

The pattern has ample ease to fit over other clothing. If you draft with your own measurements, it should work.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Bernie>
posted
Thank you for the tip about using the men's coverall pattern. I hadn't thought of looking in the men's patterns. You've been a big help.

Bernie Leppek Smiler

Reply With QuoteReport This Post