Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideas please OT
 Login/Join

posted
I apologize if this is not the correct forum, however, I had trouble finding my way around on the discussion board. I know this is OT; however, you ladies have helped me in the past w/a golfing sock monkey. I was able to use Hat Shop to make his golf bag and beret. So I thought you all might have some ideas for a "Tuscan" sock monkey.I want to make one for someone who is all wrapped up in the "Tuscan" theme, and I admit I don't have a clue. Any ideas would be appreciated. TIA
Teresa in McLeansboro, IL

Posts: 4 | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
So I thought you all might have some ideas for a "Tuscan" sock monkey.I want to make one for someone who is all wrapped up in the "Tuscan" theme, and I admit I don't have a clue. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Italian chefs are very "in" right now. Especially pudgy ones with mustaches. Big Grin

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chef w/the mustache idea. I can certainly see where that will help set the mood. Now any ideas how to make that chef hat?

posted Hide Post
Sorry if this is a double post. My computer went nuts on my reply, and i don't think it's going through. Thanks for the idea about the mustache and chef hat. Any ideas on how to make that hat. I have Hat Shop if that helps.
Teresa in McLeansboro

posted Hide Post
quote:
Now any ideas how to make that chef hat?

I would cut out a band double the width that I wanted plus seam allowance X the length needed to go around the monkeys head plus seam allowance. Stitch the ends together to form a circle then fold in half. Then I would cut a circle big enough to give me plenty of gathers and some height and gather that onto the band.

Elsa

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Teresa B:
Any ideas on how to make that hat. I have Hat Shop if that helps.
Teresa in McLeansboro

I think the simple beret in hat shop is close to what I am talking about but you would have to make the circle larger so that the crown stands up a lot higher.

Elsa

posted Hide Post
I would make a simple tube, high enough for the chef hat[tall]then use a dinner plate for the flat part on top, keep a seam allowance and measure the width across the tube.Good luck!

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
chef hat

Teresa, I was goofing around on the web this morning and found this. If you haven't already finished one, this might help.