Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Ab averaging and Center Back Dart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ab averaging and Center Back Dart
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

Is there any correlation between having ab averaging enabled/disabled and using the center back dart option?

My abdomen depth is 2 1/2 inches. The print out indicates 1.88 is being subtracted from the front and added to the back. I turn ab averaging off because I don't need anymore added to the back. I do need the extra room in front, but I am finding the front measures the same regardless if ab averaging is on or not. I am also not getting the 1.88 it says it adds to the back. I believe I am getting 1/2 of that.

Back to the real problem. I am adding a center back dart of 3 inches.

Here are the 'approximate' numbers I'm getting.

ab avg off/cb off 12 3/4
ab avg on/cb off 13 3/8
ab avg off/cb on 12 3/4
ab avg on/cb on 13

None of these numbers take care of the problem I'm having with excess fabric at center back.

How far down does the center back dart when it is requested?

Yes I'm confused. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandi

DressShop Pro 7.02a, MPD Pro 3 Version 3.01, Unlimited Womens Collection, Complete Pants Designer, Fashion Designer I & II, Fit Tool, Princess Designer, Ultimate Pants, Essential Lingerie, Ultimate Outerwear, Spring and Summer Collection 2005, Sew Quick Summer Casuals, Hat Shop, Home Dec, EPSON Workforce 1100 wide bed printer, Windows Vista and Windows 7

Posts: 58 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The numbers reported are numbers before collateral ease/smoothign takes place.

The ONLY way you are going to see the differences is comparing print outs in 1/4 scale. The numbers will ONLY confuse you.

I just went thru using my chart and printed the default with abd averaging on, then disabled, then with a 3 inch center back dart.

The center back dart doesnt removed WIDTH.it doesnt need to,. The effect of the change in the back fork angle is sufficieint to remove the excess!

Print each in 1/4 scale and lable. Turn the pant upside down, matching hem and grain line with light behind the patterns viw the differences.they are significant! On my chart I can see a CLEAR 5/8th+ inch different on just the back.

Want numbers measure the 1/4 scales.

The differences do extend all the way down ( up) to well below the crotch.

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post