Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Length adjustment on bodice sloper
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Length adjustment on bodice sloper
 Login/Join

posted
My bodice sloper has always been about an inch too long at the sides and back.The other measurements were ok and I've made some simple tops which have worked.

I want to get the problem nailed down though, before I make anything more fitted and need to reduce the overall length of the back and sides.

If I shorten shoulder slope back, full length back and centre length back I think this will do the trick BUT will this have an impact on the other measurements. I'm concerned about the shoulder seam positioning becasue it's in a good position at the moment.

Can someone help with this please ?

Best wishes, Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Teresa.have you looked at Tessa's website? she explains a great deal about things like that.I wouldn't like to say what you should do,since I am not an educator.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tessa's website is http.www.telus.net/inspiredsewing/

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They've got an irritating little 3 in there after the www to trip us up Freda.
http://www3.telus.net/inspiredsewing/

Teresa, in addition to the SSB, FLB, CLB also reduce your Side Length. The best tip though is to print a 50% copy before any changes then compare as you make adjustments. You should make sure only the things you want to change are affected.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much for the info there,sorry I didn't see it Smiler

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

posted Hide Post
Thanks Freda and Tessa,

The web site was great, loads of useful information.

I've printed out a 50% scale and everything looks just as I want it. I posted becaue when I'd tried it previously, it didn't look right but it was not adjusting the side length that was throwing everything out. Now that I've done that as well it looks perfect.

Thansk again, Teresa

Posts: 56 | Location: Greece | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep that darn side length eh? LOL

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10