Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mens wear
 Login/Join

posted
Now that we are between collections I have a little more time ( we are working on something!) and DH presented me with a wish list.

Now My Caes is a really great guy who is NOT what you would call a clothes horse.

Jeans or cords or sweat pants topped with Tee's and sweatshirts and the occasional flannel shirt.

He dress's up and goes out under threat of all cooking will cease and desist immediatly.

(he looks GREAT all spiffed up)

He was my guinea pig for all sorts of patterns from the mens collection.and everything fit so well.

His pants and shorts dont fall down cause he doesnt have a butt....his boxers fit, his tee's were made with good cottons and he LIKES them and wants more!

So to my very great surprise he wants a few more "dress pants, shirts!!!another swim trunk and lots more boxers and a new robe.

He even gave colors!
The list is long enough to take me a month! to produce.

I cant wait to see him in his new duds.......Ill start something today.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would love to try to make something for my husband, but he works 2 jobs and is rarely home and doesn't want to spend his time getting measured and if I suggest it he gets "that" look in his eyes and we never get it done. I would love it if someone could send me their husbands measurements that might be close enough to fit my hubby.

His weight is around 240 lbs (and not all muscle)
he is about 6' tall, has long arms and legs, a thick neck and wears size 36 x 34 jeans. He wears a size large flannel shirt but the neck is too tight, the arms too short and slightly too tight in the belly. He does have a butt, but smaller legs.

Anyone out there have a similar shaped fellow?

If so and your willing to share his measurements I would appreciate it. How would I add the measurement except for inserting each number? Is there a way to merge the numbers into mine??

This would be so great, and to be able to surprise him for his BD next month...

Jacqueline Gates

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jacqui,
During the testing of the men's wear line, I used the standard size men's chart that corresponded to the size my husband bought in RTW pant as my starting point. The standard sizes of DS for pants are by the hip measurement, so you have to look through for the waist size.

My husband wears a 31/32 pants. So I found that the 38 Men's standard size in DS was a good starting point. I was able to get a pretty good sloper making no changes. The crotch was a little tight, but the sloper has no crotch ease and the pants patterns have this included, so I knew that the pants would fit.

As for shirts, again try the standard size chart as a basis. I have not had the time to make a dress shirt for hubby yet. But one of the things I found during testing is how well the standard sizes worked for a starting point. From there you can tweak some of the measurements for a larger neck or broader shoulders.
HTH,
Linda

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Jacqui
DO try the measurement wizard!

We put a lot of time in those "standards" charts and the wizard.

I tried it on DH and soem otu of town sons with results far better than I had even hoped for.

I do have Caesars "real" numbers but I was actually very very surpised how "close" the wizard was to his custom chart.
start with just 5 numbers.adjust wheree nyou think its obviously needs fine tuning...
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
He was my guinea pig for all sorts of patterns from the mens collection.and everything fit so well.

His pants and shorts dont fall down cause he doesnt have a butt....his boxers fit, his tee's were made with good cottons and he LIKES them and wants more!

Hey Kaaren, how about showing us those things you made for him (okay you can skip the boxers Big Grin ) like those elastic waist shorts and the sueded travel vest you wrote about in testing. They deserve to join the others testers garments on the Livingsoft page.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey Kaaren, how about showing us those things you made for him (okay you can skip the boxers ) like those elastic waist shorts and the sueded travel vest you wrote about in testing. They deserve to join the others testers garments on the Livingsoft page.

Hey Kaaren, how about showing us those things you made for him (okay you can skip the boxers ) like those elastic waist shorts and the sueded travel vest you wrote about in testing. They deserve to join the others testers garments on the Livingsoft page.

You are so right...I have to get them BACK from him.....he has worn those shorts several times and I need to finish the finishing on the suede cloth vest.decided to do a hand pick stitch to pop the front.

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
I know what you mean Big Grin
Hubby's shirt and pants have been through the wash several times already. Then he whined because I had hijacked the pants to put a better button on and (oh horrors!) it got held up in the sewing room for three days. Smiler

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by InspiredSewing:
I know what you mean Big Grin
Hubby's shirt and pants have been through the wash several times already. Then he whined because I had hijacked the pants to put a better button on and (oh horrors!) it got held up in the sewing room for three days. Smiler

It is so nice to hear that I am not the only one that does this. I love to sew, but mending turns me off. Hubby will start to lay shirts where he knows I will see it, like my sewing chair, or even the bed. Then there is no excuse from me for not seeing it.
Linda

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I finally taught mine how to sew on his own buttons. hehehe Talk about whining.
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post