Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Princess Designer
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I cloick the reply to postat the bottom of the emkail and it quickly and automatically takes me to the page to reply screen.
as fast as click reply in my regilar email programa.

Im not pre signed in or anything but did have it "remember me".
and when using a quote do see that pales line on everyones emails.... when a quote is used.must be in my own puters settings if not visible to all.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I don't get the pale line that separates your answer from the original question.

Sorry,

Posts: 12 | Location: Fleming Island, FL | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having the word QUOTE in brackets at the beginning and end of quoted text is what creates the line to separate post and response. It is hard to read posts that don't have some sort of separation between the original quoted post and the response. Kaaren, are you posting from the website or from your email program? ~ Diane

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need {QUOTE} to start the quoted section and {/QUOTE} to end
BUT using [ square brackets instead of the { curly brackets.
If I really used [] you wouldn't see it 'cos that's what turns it into code.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know lots of people have responded to this but my solution is to print out the reverse side, ie I usually print out the left side of the side skirt/ dress I print out the right side as well. I then overlay one under the other so I now get the flare on both edges of the pattern. I then of course have all the amount of flare duplicated if this is too much I adjust with a pencil this is true of the gored skirt.Alternatively I choose the amount of flare that I want halved so when the two sides are put together I get what I really want. By doing it this way you dont muck up the waist shaping and get both sides of the skirt the same the only thing to be careful of is that you make sure both patterns are straight. You can trim away the excess once it is taped together.
Hope this helps.

DS 7 Standard
Addons 3, 5,9,10 & 14
Sets 1008,1019,1032,1045 & 1052
MPD Pro 1.04
Home Dec Sampler

Posts: 13 | Location: Melbourne,Australia | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
<< I did not say the DS was not wonderful. I use it exclusively. If I did not do that I would not think it was wonderful also.

A glitch is when a seam goes wonky by mistake.
A glitch is when patterns overlap on the screen
A glitch is when you get a crazy 8 seam line instead of a straight line.

The princess flare dress being deliberately drafted so that they grain goes off bias on the side panels is a pattern drafting error. If one of the Big4 did that, you would definitely expect them to repair it. And seeing how I think the DS software is just as compatible as one of the Big4, then my expectations on a well drafted pattern are just as high.

If you start to use the wrong terminology then it starts to get confusing on how things can get fixed. A "glitch" is a software bug that has to be found and corrected. A "drafting error" has to be reprogrammed. Thus the need to make sure we use the correct language when describing things on this board.
Linda Flint >>

Nicely summarized and I agree completely. And, the correction for this drafting error is in test now and should be released this coming week. We are releasing a clean-up update that includes nothing but corrections of one sort or another. No new features or patterns, just fixes. We try to do this every several updates and next week will have one.

Here is the list of items included. There are several others still in work that may or may not make this update....

1. The bodice sloper was not getting the default back shoulder dart that was intended.

2. Stretch Raglan patterns could be distorted whenever back armhole depth is more than an inch longer than front armhole depth. And, the sleeve could change shape slightly from all pieces view to single piece view.

3. The shoulder lines of the sloper reference pattern display were not being drafted.

4. It was unclear what the difference between the lariat neck (in Sew Quick) and a shoulderless top was. Mia art was modified and reference to the instructional article was added to the pattern. The instructional article in the Help Index has pictures of options for this neckline treatment as well as directions for making it.

5. Pants and skirt waist dart legs were not drawing properly next to the waist seam line. This produced extra waist ease in pants and skirts. This was corrected in this build. Since this will change the fit of all pants (including slopers), this change was made optional. When you first run Dress Shop after installing this build (only the first time), you will be prompted for whether or not you want this change. If you like the fit of your pants now, you may not wish to do this change (it will reduce waist ease). You may change your mind at any time later and turn this change on or off in the Settings dialog.

6. The "Slopers" pants (as opposed to the Pants Sloper in the Pants menu) was getting a flat waistline, regardless of actual waist tilt.

7. It was possible for some blouse yokes to run too high at center, breaking into the neckline.

8. Princess line patterns were slightly tight at chest / high bust area. This was loosened up slightly by adjusting the center depth of the armhole (one half inch looser) for those patterns. This change was related to the armhole adjustment (item #2 in the build 6.10 release). So, this should effect the change in fit of those patterns within the past week only.

9. The pattern for the top of the skating outfit and the swim dress was incomplete.

10. The fabric guide for Activewear II was missing.

11. The armhole change in build 6.10 did not work well with princess line patterns, panel patterns, tunics, and patterns that included back bust ease. All of those were adjusted to work better with this change.

12. In all princess line patterns with flared skirts, the outer panel piece was modified to split the flare there equally around the grain line. Note that this shaping begins at the hip level and any side seam shaping above that is for fit, not skirt flare.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Re: new update with corrections
Bob, Thank you! You made my day. I've been longing for a princess dress but, having zero drafting experience, I was a little afraid to try correcting the flare on my own. This is wonderful news.

Sue W.

Sue W.
DS6.11, Illusions, Fashion Designer 1, Ult. Outerwear, Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie/Activewear, All pattern sets through #1046, Add-ons #9, #10, #14

Posts: 13 | Location: Whitby, ON, Canada | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quoted from Dress Shop Bob: "We are releasing a clean-up update that includes nothing but corrections of one sort or another. No new features or patterns, just fixes. We try to do this every several updates and next week will have one."

Bob, if we have not yet installed 6.10, do we go ahead and do so and trust the clean-up update to take care of any issues that have cropped up? I admit to having cold feet about 6.10. Thanks for any advice.

Linda in VA

Posts: 86 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
<< Bob, if we have not yet installed 6.10, do we go ahead and do so and trust the clean-up update to take care of any issues that have cropped up? I admit to having cold feet about 6.10. Thanks for any advice. >>

6.11 will be released this week. You can wait for it, or install and use 6.10 until 6.11 is released. Both work.

<Rose Marie>
posted
quote:

8. Princess line patterns were slightly tight at chest / high bust area. This was loosened up slightly by adjusting the center depth of the armhole (one half inch looser) for those patterns. This change was related to the armhole adjustment (item #2 in the build 6.10 release). So, this should effect the change in fit of those patterns within the past week only.

11. The armhole change in build 6.10 did not work well with princess line patterns, panel patterns, tunics, and patterns that included back bust ease. All of those were adjusted to work better with this change.

12. In all princess line patterns with flared skirts, the outer panel piece was modified to split the flare there equally around the grain line. Note that this shaping begins at the hip level and any side seam shaping above that is for fit, not skirt flare.

Thanks, Bob, for responding to the Princess line needs. This particular pattern (Shoulder Princess) is the pattern of choice for me. This style is flattering on many body types.
Thank you,
Rose Marie

posted Hide Post
quote:

Bob:

Is the flare going to be distributed to all pieces, not just the sides?

Sue

Posts: 12 | Location: Torrance, CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes and grain lines are centered on each piece.

testers are very pleased, we are sure you will be also.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
<< quote:

Bob:

Is the flare going to be distributed to all pieces, not just the sides?

Sue >>

Yes.