New
Find
Notify
Tools

skirt length
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, but have been making my own clothes for a while. I am just wondering how others have used measurements for skirts, such as denim mini's, and how you make measurements on you body. I have used a formula which works very well for me, that measures the waist top just a a few inches below the top of the hips, and adds 6-8 inches to this to give the skirt length. This makes a very nice mini that is comfortable to wear in most occasions, and looks great. Anyone else have a magic formula??

Posts: 3 | Location: New York | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gloria, this seems a tad short, in my experience. Are you sure about the numbers?

Posts: 6 | Location: California | Registered: 11 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gloria,

I don't think there is a "magic formula" for skirt length. It is quite personal.

You can start with any skirt length in the program that you think comes close to what you like. Then, in Options, add to or subtract from the length as needed.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post