Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Online Classes
 Login/Join

posted
I want so much to join the online classes to help me understand this program. However when I joined the Quiltropolis site I couldn't for the life of me find the Dress Shop area. I'm reallllly slow when it comes to computers,so I'm hoping someone out there can "talk" me through it. Someone very patient! Roll Eyeswendykay121@hotmail.com Thanks so much

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wendy this current class format is only 3 sessions old. The previous one goes back 12 years Plus but the forum is now gone. It was text only.

It's a new age.

Find the 3 posted sessions here on the BBS, The Club Page or Facebook under MyPatternDesigner.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I want so much to join the online classes to help me understand this program. However when I joined the Quiltropolis site I couldn't for the life of me find the Dress Shop area. I'm reallllly slow when it comes to computers,so I'm hoping someone out there can "talk" me through it.

First, you visit the Quiltropolis web site at:

http://www.quiltropolis.com/

1. On their home page, look at the list of links at the left. Under "Boards", click on the link labeled "Clubs".

2. From the list that appears next, click on the one labeled "Sewing".

3. Only one sewing club will be listed. Select "My Patterns Class Users Group".

4. You will now be at the sewing page that some refer to as "Dress Shop", but others call "My Pattern Designer". It is both. These programs are similar and both produce custom design, custom fit sewing patterns.

5. Here you will see a list of forums. Just now, the topmost forum listed will be "Audio Links to Classes". Click on that one.

6. Several classes will get listed. Choose one of those.

7. On the next screen will be a description of the class and a direct link to the playback utility. Click on that link.

8. This will launch the playback utility. First time it runs, it will need to install a player utility - small and free. Let it install.

9. Finally, the playback will begin. Understand that when this was first recorded, there was interaction between the speaker (Kaaren Hoback) and her audience. She will ask her viewers to respond in various ways, then adjusts her talk based on that. But, you are watching a recording, not the original class. So, if Kaaren asked if you can hear her ok, just sit and wait. You will not be able to respond while viewing the recording, only during the original class broadcast.

But, other than that, you should get the same lecture and demonstrations that the original class viewers got to see.

Hope this helps...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Joanne>
posted
Can these instructions be posted on the Dress Shop website in a pdf file, for future reference? Thanks for considering this request.

Joanne in NH

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sorry no- they are an audio/video presentation. The LINK to the class is on the BBS.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Joanne>
posted
Sorry, you might have misunderstood me.

Can the instructions on how to get to the class meeting, not the class instructions, be on the website?

posted Hide Post
I will show my ignorance. What does BBS stand for and where is it?

Posts: 15 | Registered: 04 January 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi-

Sorry, we always throw these initial thingeys around . The BBS is the Bulletin Board and its right HERE.

When you get a post you are on the Discussion List- look up at the top of the post click on 'Discussion list' and a New screen will come up listing all the forums on the list. Arrow down to Class Notes and you are there. You can "follow that forum " so whenever I post on Sunday it will come to your email box.

Class Notes are listed under MPD BUT applies to both Dress Shop AND MPD.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joanne:
Sorry, you might have misunderstood me.

Can the instructions on how to get to the class meeting, not the class instructions, be on the website?

The Playback Links for the ClasseS changes Every week for each class.

This new program is very new and I am still learning it. SO far the Class Room Link link seems to be the same each week. But since I have no control over the what the link Might be I have hesitated to publish in the Program.

One More reason- while the classes are FOR All Dress Shop and MPD users- it is NOT a company function but soemthing I personally support just like the Club Pages.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

<Joanne>
posted
Thank you Kaaren.

Joanne

posted Hide Post
The on-line classess are very helpful, especially for someone like me that can't get to the classes. I just want to mention that when viewing today's (July 1) class, the audio seemed to go to a muffeled effect when you changed modes of instruction and I couldn't hear what you were saying during the video. Thank you again for the leaning topics, they are truly appreciated. Barbara Osterberg

Posts: 15 | Registered: 21 August 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi Barbara - sadly we learned that during the 1st actual class that a video was presented in. The link direct to just the clear video has also been posted.see it directly at http://screencast.com/t/QQFSGrZB

Sadly graphics fuzz a little and the video's audio reduces- Im sure this is a setting by Electa that compromises the quality of the initial graphics and videos so they can be seen on all size/dimensions/displays. Ill try and figure it out before our next class that offers a video. It displayed fine for my settings and I know Electa changes things. New technology always comes with a huge learning curve.
Kaaren

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so enjoyed watching the video on the Pant designer. Thank you so much. This is a suberb asset to the program seeing it clearly demonstrated on the screen. looking forward to part 2 of the measuring class. Marge uk

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Joanne>
posted
I don't know if I'm replying at the correct place (forum or thread), but how do I find out about the online classes so I can join them 'live'?

Where is notification posted?

Thanks.
Joanne

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Hi
Arrow UP to the very top of this post and find the words Discussion list.
Then arrow down to the tab for OnLine classes.

Class Notes contain the link to the class which is presented at 1PM US Pacific Time on Sundays except Holidays and those days I take off.

a Second Link is under this header to see the new recordings. Last week there was two links one for the class recording and one for the video portion directly.
Have Fun,
Kaaren