Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Complete Pants Customizer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Complete Pants Customizer
 Login/Join

posted
I'm a new user who purchased DS8 Standard a few weeks ago, and just purchased Complete Pants Customizer last week. I just noticed that the Complete Pants Customizer is no longer listed on the Store portion of the website, and in the What's New section it says that it is 'Coming Soon Dec 4'. I'm confused - Was it withdrawn for some reason and is being re-issued? If so, what will I have to do to get the latest / correct version, since I already have the activation code listed on my account.
Thanks for your help!

Michele in Coquitlam, BC
I own:
Dress Shop 8 Standard
Fall Collection
Complete Pants Customizer

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm a new user who purchased DS8 Standard a few weeks ago, and just purchased Complete Pants Customizer last week. I just noticed that the Complete Pants Customizer is no longer listed on the Store portion of the website, and in the What's New section it says that it is 'Coming Soon Dec 4'. I'm confused - Was it withdrawn for some reason and is being re-issued? If so, what will I have to do to get the latest / correct version, since I already have the activation code listed on my account.

The Complete Pants Customizer is currently scheduled for release on Dec. 4th. We had hoped to release it in November and the program code is probably ready, but we are still slogging through testing the tools many features with all of the older Dress Shop pants patterns. If we find any older patterns that do not fully work with the tool (one seam pants and contoured waistbands and slenderizer pockets come to mind), we will grey out the features that are incompatible. That process is not finished at this time. Other than that, though, the tool should work.

There was a brief interval when the product appeared in our web store pages (one of the many pages that have to be modified for the new product) and you must have made your purchase during that interval.

But, you own it. The release is coming. The patterns that come with the tool all work with it and you can use any Pants Customizer features on any of them. When the tool is formaly released, there may be another update - the download-it-free kind - that you can install. It will not change your activations nor ownership of the tool. You just get the 98% working sneak preview in the meantime.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How will this affect those that already own DS Ultimate Pants? Will there be a discount for those of us who already own Ultimate Pants?
I'm waiting to get this along with the last update of DS.

Thanks,
Rena

Posts: 132 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clarifying the situation. I'll keep checking the website for the official 'release' of the product so that I can download any necessary updates at that time.

Posts: 4 | Registered: 16 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
How will this affect those that already own DS Ultimate Pants? Will there be a discount for those of us who already own Ultimate Pants?

No, sorry. The Complete Pants Customizer is a new product, mostly a design tool, but including 57 new pants foundation patterns as well. At $69, we believe it is very inexpensively priced at this time.

Ultimate Pants was 40 pants patterns for $99. While it was a pretty good deal in its time, the new product is a much better one today. And, while the new tool can make all that was in Ultimate Pants, it comes with much, much more. In any case, there is no discount for owning Ultimate Pants.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ultimate Pants are about as different as night and day from the Pant designer.

UP doesnt offer cut away pockets,the new inseam pocket, the new slenderizer pockets or contour waistbands, various one click waist levels, horizontal darts be5tween yoke and waistbands or any of the huge number of features in PD.

UP was as good as we got years back- PD is as good as we get now- and there are many miles travelled in between.

I have been a user since the mid 90's- I wear all custom made,custom styled clothing made from either DS or MPD. I only did a few changes with a pencil with my DS pants- and frankly they weren't all that major. I had wearable pants.

I am as thrilled as any other user with my PD results - I have not opened a UP pant in 2 years - it is hard to describe the difference between wearable and a dream fit. You will know it when you get it.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I look forward to trying it once it comes out.

Rena

posted Hide Post
Sounds like a winner!!! I'm getting excited. Hopefully it will be an early Christmas present to myself. <grin>

Rena

posted Hide Post
Is there a pants pattern with the opening hidden inside the left seam pocket?...I've had commercial patterns with that feature as well as purchased pants with that feature. I would like the option in MPD or DS pants.

Posts: 6 | Registered: 31 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can easily out a Zipper in the pocket backing in any side opening.
Insert the zipper into the backing before construction. Use the inset pocket- make it a tiny bit deepers to make it easier to open the zipper.

Take the backing, add 1" to the width- reinforce with interfacing, mark approx 2" in from the outseam draw a line for the zipper insertion- cut thru and use a 1/2 inch seam allowance to the zipper tape.

Align backing and pocket, front as per the instructions for the inset pocket.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post