Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Dress Shop Pro 9 Manual
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dress Shop Pro 9 Manual
 Login/Join

posted
Karen, I downloaded the manual before I bought DSP9 (It states it's for Dress Shop 6.). In my program Under the Help menu there is also a manual - but when I accessed that one it is for Doll Shop Pro. M question is: are the commands & the way they are used the same regardless of whether the program being used is DSPro9 or Doll Shop? I'll probably drive you nuts till I get this figured out. I'm, sadly, not a computer geek Smiler Thanks so much
Wendy

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I downloaded the manual before I bought DSP9 (It states it's for Dress Shop 6.). In my program Under the Help menu there is also a manual - but when I accessed that one it is for Doll Shop Pro. M question is: are the commands & the way they are used the same regardless of whether the program being used is DSPro9 or Doll Shop?

There are 3 manuals floating about. Those are:

1. The one on the Livingsoft web site for Dress Shop 6. Obviously, that one has not been updated in way too long and I'll replace it with the Dress Shop 9 version in a few minutes.

2. The Dress Shop 9 manual that you will see if you purchase Dress Shop 9.

3. The nearly identical Doll Shop Deluxe manual that you see if you run Doll Shop OR if you are viewing the demo. The demo is intended for both Doll Shop and Dress Shop. It is identical for both products except that Doll Shop includes some measuring options that are specific for dolls as well as a section on creating your own dolls. The Dress Shop product does not have those bits. Otherwise, the Doll Shop and Dress Shop manuals are identical.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I downloaded the manual before I bought DSP9 (It states it's for Dress Shop 6.). In my program Under the Help menu there is also a manual - but when I accessed that one it is for Doll Shop Pro. M question is: are the commands & the way they are used the same regardless of whether the program being used is DSPro9 or Doll Shop? I'll probably drive you nuts till I get this figured out.

I had not looked at the Dress Shop demo in some time, but just went through it again to see about the Doll Shop vs. Dress Shop user manual issue. I will change that for our next update as the default demo version should probably be Dress Shop, not Doll Shop.

But, while I was looking at the demo, I also realized that it does not show the Pro Tools menu. In an earlier post, you asked about the Fashion Designer Tools. Since the time that those were separate products, they have subsequently been incorporated into the Dress Shop Pro program. The demo, though, shows only the Dress Shop Deluxe features, not the Pro tools.

To get some idea what those are all about, visit this web page, scroll down to the bottom, and click on each Pro Tool to see what it looks like and perhaps get some idea what it can do. Sorry that the demo did not make that clearer. That's another change for our next update!

Here's the link:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DS...ressShopVersions.htm

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So if I want the Dress Shop Pro Manual I should uninstall everthing & re-download the Dress Shop Pro program? Will my current activation codes still work when I re-install? Also I saw that there was an update for DSP9 so I downloaded it but now I can't even run the program or "find" the files in program manager. Sure wish I understood computers......

Posts: 61 | Registered: 22 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also just downloaded 9.06. When I clicked on file->activation code, it asked me for my password and said it downloaded all my activation codes. But I still get the Doll Shop users manual. What do I need to do to get the Dress Shop user manual?
Thanks

Posts: 25 | Registered: 29 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also just downloaded 9.06. When I clicked on file->activation code, it asked me for my password and said it downloaded all my activation codes. But I still get the Doll Shop users manual. What do I need to do to get the Dress Shop user manual?

If you own both Dress Shop and Doll Deluxe, the program defaults to providing the Doll user manual, rather than the Dress Shop version. They are nearly indentical (the only thing left out of the Doll manual are some sizing options that Dress Shop users get). But, several people have asked about it, so we are doing a quickie update next week to provide both manuals in the Help menu if you own both products. There are only a few other minor housekeeping changes in that update, but the user manuals at least will be fixed when that one is released.

posted Hide Post
I did not see the option to only download Dress Shop (and not Doll Shop). Has the update for the Dress Shop only manual been posted yet?
Thanks

Posts: 25 | Registered: 29 April 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have installed both the 9.06 and 9.07 updates but I still don't have the Dress Shop Manual. My Help menu has both listed, yet each selection opens the Doll Shop Deluxe manual. Do I have something set up wrong?

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Susan Bowen:
I have installed both the 9.06 and 9.07 updates but I still don't have the Dress Shop Manual. My Help menu has both listed, yet each selection opens the Doll Shop Deluxe manual. Do I have something set up wrong?

No, it's Dress Shop. There are so many mixes ownership of Dress Shop and Doll Shop possible and you are one of the cases that is still not handling the multiple user manuals properly. That will be fixed in the next update.

The two manuals are 90% the same. But, if you do need something in the Dress Shop manual, you can get to it by looking in your Dress Shop program folder, Help sub-folder and launching the file "DS.pdf". Or, if you cannot find it that way, use Windows Start - Search feature to have Windows find the file for you. Double click on it to launch and open it.

The next update will have it working better in Dress Shop as well. For others, some will see this and some will have it work properly, depending on the mix of which versions of Dress and Doll Shop you have purchased. Sorry for the hassle....

posted Hide Post
Thank you, that told me just what I needed.

Posts: 55 | Location: Alamosa, Colorado | Registered: 01 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post