Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

denim jacket
 Login/Join

posted
How difficult would it be to increase the length of the denim jacket. I prefer those that are hip length as opposed to high hip or waist length (looks better on me as it balances my square shoulders)

If it is possible,what is the best way to proceed?----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
How difficult would it be to increase the length of the denim jacket. I prefer those that are hip length as opposed to high hip or waist length (looks better on me as it balances my square shoulders)

If it is possible,what is the best way to proceed?----

Use the Options dialog setting for "Length Adjust" to add up to 5" in length.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The denim jacket found under Outerwear then coats is a very specific named design that follows the classic outerwear garment with this name. It is in the coat class because of the ease allowed.

You can not change the length, sleeve type,or closure type on this particular pattern unless you use a pencil and have sufficient hand drafting skills to adjust for the necessary abd/hip curve.

Changes you can make: There is an optional collar.You may make changes to seam allowances, and adjust fit levels and ease variables.You may add pockets.

If you have a truly overwhelming desire you may be able to print a mini skirt, add waist, abd and hip ease to similiar proportions of the jacket to the skirt, overlay it at the exact waist line of the jacket, add new seam allowances to any raw cuts, mark your length,and create a new bottom band- whew.....but do make a toile first!

Definitly not for the faint hearted.but GOOD LUCK if you decide to do it. We want pictures!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw Bob's reply about adding length using the options setting. That will give you extra length from underbust to hip level.

But no waistline seam and no waist to abd to hip shaping which is something I always think of with this type of jacket. Be sure to check there would be enough hip ease.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am glad I read this request because I had wanted to do the ame thing to my denim jacket. I found that MPD has a pattern for a denim jacket that has the amount of length you want. It is in the outerwear section under jackets.

Posts: 10 | Location: sewlovely55@hotmail.com | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post