Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    New Internet Explorer affects DressShop?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Internet Explorer affects DressShop?
 Login/Join

posted
My DressShop Pro Version 6.17 was running smoothly. I haven't used it in about a month or so, and since that time and this week, I installed the latest version of Internet Explorer Browser. I then saw there was an update, 6.18 so I downloaded and installed. Well, there is nothing wrong with the way I installed it, I am computer savy. I un-installed and also cleaned out the registry of any traces of DressShop. Re-installed with a new download. Same problem. What happens is DressShop opens up, but it is a tiny window now with scroll bars for the right side and the bottom of the window. Maybe a window of about 3 or 4 inches square. I think I have determined the problem and the new version of Internet Explorer is "tabbed windows". You can open many web sites and have them all opened at once and just tab through your sites instead of opening a new window for each one. I think somehow this is the problem. Not the way I installed it or the software itself. I even tried to make it open like a web site in one of the tabbed windows. No luck.

Has anyone out there installed the latest version of Internet Explorer which is version 7? My advice is don't do it. I think this one is for the programers to look into and determine if this could be the problem.

I also have "My Pattern Designer" and it has not been affected. Nothing else installed on my computer is affected and some of the other things are browser based.

I was sitting here wanting to upgrade to DressShop 7 this morning, but now I don't think it would be a good idea for me to purchase the upgrade until this issue is hopefully corrected.

I have done nothing different on my computer nor installed anything different but the latest version of Internet Explorer.

Deborah Crum
Palmetto, Fl

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just so you know you are not alone, I have the new Explorer version and my Dress shop does not work either! Will this be fixed soon?

Posts: 2 | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just so you know you are not alone, I have the new Explorer version and my Dress shop does not work either! Will this be fixed soon?

Several users have reported this and we should have a fix soon. It appears to be an issue with the launching program that "spawns" Internet Explorer, rather than with Dress Shop itself. IE7 has slightly different requirements for that than IE6 did.

Just a note to others considering getting IE7 - while it is almost inevitable that all IE users will go there at some point, do remember that early adopters will be ones that struggle with compatibility issues that get corrected for those that come later. We have been getting many reports of major difficulties that customers that have installed IE7 are having with their systems and with other software that they use. Even uninstalling it has caused problems for some. Pioneers are the ones that take the arrows.... ;-)

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem with Dress Shop and Internet Explorer 7 has been resolved. There is a patch file that you can download from the Dress Shop downloads page. After downloading it, run it to install the fix. It will install to the default Dress Shop folder location, so if you have Dress Shop installed elsewhere, be sure to change that when you install the patch.

This fix works on any version of Dress Shop 5, 6, or 7. The fix is not yet included in the Dress Shop 7 update or download master, so install the patch after you install either of those. We will add it to those installations when they are next refreshed...

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, you're a peach!!

Deborah Crum
Palmetto, Fl

Posts: 28 | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post