New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Nancy and Darts
 Login/Join

<Arizona Kathy>
posted
I'm trying to draft the Nancy blouse for a rather full figured lady, approx 4to5x sizing.

I want to add waist darts for both the front and back to add a visual line more than a fit line.

Can I add darts to this design. I own all tools. And I realize it's a comfort fit and designed to be large. Surely I'm missing something simple. I can always draw them on but I must just be using the dart tool incorrectly.

We're working with the size 40 standard measurments with some sloper and across back width changes. The pattern looks good, but I have to have darts.

Am drafting all default eases, added length.

Am drafting with Pro6.10 XPhome current ie 6.something, all tools and most patterns and the bottle of xanax is full again

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Arizona Kathy>
posted
I'm doing some research on my own. It appears that no waist darts can be added to any comfort styles. Is this correct?? If I'm doing something wrong, please educate me.

If it's accurate, thank G-d for a pencil and skills. Large ladies need those vertical lines. And thank G-d I've got the skills I need to accomplish my design.

I even went in and added 1 inch of ease to both front and back to allow 1 inch darts (divided of course) And no darts. The casuals work fine.

And, if I really can't add darts, I'll either do comfort and add my own, or go to casual and increase ease.

time for xanax because my frustration level and pain level are through the roof.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm trying to draft the Nancy blouse for a rather full figured lady, approx 4to5x sizing.

I want to add waist darts for both the front and back to add a visual line more than a fit line.

Can I add darts to this design. I own all tools. And I realize it's a comfort fit and designed to be large. Surely I'm missing something simple. I can always draw them on but I must just be using the dart tool incorrectly.

We're working with the size 40 standard measurments with some sloper and across back width changes. The pattern looks good, but I have to have darts.

Am drafting all default eases, added length.

impedes waist darting ver deliberatly.
Change fit level to casual and put in darts.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can use the waist darts. Use the fitted shell and fit tool. Adjust 'darts' to waist and side, and 'fit' to comfort fit. Should be the same look.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Whoa, just tried this and think there is a problem. I 'm sure I used waist darts in comfort fit before. Think this is a problem. I would send in a problem report.

Posts: 67 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
comfort fit forbids waist darts
does allow a littl wqaist shaping
does allow high bust shaping and a true side or elegant or french darts
but not waist shaping darts......

casual does
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post