Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How to create M6433 details in either DS or MPD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to create M6433 details in either DS or MPD
 Login/Join

posted
I saw a McCall pattern (M6433) that I really like.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.co...=display&list=search

It's a waisted V-neck A-line dress with double pleats at each front shoulder, and 5 pleats on left skirt. Is there any way I can create this in either DS9 Pro or MPD3 Pro. I could find no way to put pleats in the skirt of a waisted dress, much less 5 on one side, or pleats in the shoulder seam for that matter. I would hate to be reduced to buying a commercial pattern and using it after all these years. :-)
Thanks for any suggestions.
Lettie
back in not-so-sunny Florida

Posts: 43 | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw a McCall pattern (M6433) that I really like.
http://mccallpattern.mccall.co...=display&list=search

It's a waisted V-neck A-line dress with double pleats at each front shoulder, and 5 pleats on left skirt. Is there any way I can create this in either DS9 Pro or MPD3 Pro. I could find no way to put pleats in the skirt of a waisted dress, much less 5 on one side, or pleats in the shoulder seam for that matter. I would hate to be reduced to buying a commercial pattern and using it after all these years. :-)
Thanks for any suggestions.

Sorry, but no. In the past, Dress Shop has included a box-pleat skirt, but it was only one big pleat on each side, not 5 small ones. The product has also had shoulder line pleats, but they did not work well with any darts of any kind, so that feature was discontinued.

They are all do-able. But, neither Dress Shop nor MPD do them at this time. Sorry...

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post