Find
Notify
Tools

Are you sewing?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Yes, that's it.

Have you ever tried it?

Finding shoes that fit me is a real challenge. I have narrow feet, and most places don't carry narrow or slim widths. Still, I'm not ready to make my own.

Thanks!

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have tried the sweetheart neckline and have not been happy with it, tried with the button up the front and couldn't seem to make it look right, the curve seems too curved! Did you like yours, have you posted pictures?
Bonny

Posts: 1 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Carolyn here's the link I have if you can't find yours.

copy and paste: [URL=Click here: Illustrated instructions for making shoes from scratch]making shoes[/URL]

Posts: 147 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The web address for making your own shoes is:

http://www.marywalesloomis.com/index.html

I've seriously considered trying this as I have a very narrow foot and can only get basic footwear, nothing cute or trendy.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I have started my MOG outfit. Silk Dupion in a sage green. the dress is almost finished a sheath past my calf with a slit at back to the back of my knee. dropped jewel neck short sleeves. Invisable zip. It is good I think. The jacket I am going to do long sleeves edge to edge with a straight wing which will stand up. Having problems with the armhole so am waiting for the update. I have 4 flowergirl dresses to make. they are in silk dupion with organza overlay. Busy busy
Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds wonderful......cant wait to see photos.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In reading all the posts in this section I just noticed that I put elastic in the "men" rather than in the "hem". Yuk, what a vision! My shoes were mules from Target, much cheaper that I could make any. I'm going to check out the site that Cindy found. Thanks

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I did it again, fingers on the keyboard not doing what cells in the brain say. WOW, that shoe page is fascinating. I am going to save it and do it when the summer settles down a bit. Most stores don't carry size 5 anymore, especially a size 5 that is a dancer's foot. Thanks so much for the info

Posts: 272 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KellyLoftice:
I just noticed that I put elastic in the "men" rather than in the "hem".

Kelly do you know you can edit your post? next to your own post you will see a little folder and pencil eraser icon. Click that and make changes.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peggym:
The jacket I am going to do long sleeves edge to edge with a straight wing which will stand up. Having problems with the armhole so am waiting for the update.

Marge, what jacket pattern are you using? Can't remember if you told me before.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kelly,

I have a hard time finding shoes to fit me because my feet are narrow. This was discussed on another list and I found that there are lots of web sites where you can order shoes. They come in a very wide range of sizes and can be returned if they don't fit.

If you are interested, email me privately and I will send you some links.

I haven't gotten around to ordering yet, but I know of quite a few people who do and are satisfied.

Carolyn

posted Hide Post
I'm checking to see if my notifications took. Please tell me which forum and topic this came from. I thought I had unsubscribed from the free for all list. Thank you.

Posts: 21 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This came from "Are you sewing"

Carolyn

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by InspiredSewing:
Marge, what jacket pattern are you using? Can't remember if you told me before.

Hi Tessa,I have ended up with the fitted blazer,sraight wing collar edge to edge so have drafted zip closure but won't put in the zip long sleeve. darts in the back but only the elegant dart in the front.In the toile the darts in the back are similar to the dress and I have extended the length of the jacket to cover the dress darts . I started with the panel jacket but didn't like the effect also had problems with the sleeve and the armhole. Think the fitted blazer will give me the effect I want. exciting!
Marge UK Smiler

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Carolyn:
Kelly,

I have a hard time finding shoes to fit me because my feet are narrow. This was discussed on another list and I found that there are lots of web sites where you can order shoes. They come in a very wide range of sizes and can be returned if they don't fit.

If you are interested, email me privately and I will send you some links.

I haven't gotten around to ordering yet, but I know of quite a few people who do and are satisfied.

Carolyn

Carolyn, please send the sites to me also. I have very narrow feet, used to order from a company called Tweedies, no longer in business, that I know of. I need 7AAAAA/heel AAAAAAA.

Joan in Concord, CA

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post