Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Saving patterns
 Login/Join

posted
Updated to 6.14 and latest patch. Can no longer save patterns.

Lorraine R.
DSPro

Posts: 8 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there a patch for 6.14?

Posts: 152 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having the same problem. I sure would like to have the capability to save a pattern back.
Thanks,
Rena Evans

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Updated to 6.14 and latest patch. Can no longer save patterns.

This sounds like a problem with registration of DLLs (I know, gibberish. I apologize.) In any case, it can happen when a DLL (one of the files in a patch or update) does not match a previous one. Using InstallShield corrects that as it registers DLLs. WinZip does not.

We thought the latest patch would not have a DLL registration issue and it appears it did not for some, but does for others. There are two ways to fix it:

1. Try running Setup.bat in your Dress Shop folder. That will register some of the DLLs and it may register the one with the problem. If that fixes the problem for those that are seeing it now, please let us know as we can then do the better fix with better information.

2. The better fix is to release the patch in an InstallShield build. That's not a problem as long as we know for sure which DLL needs to be registered. We will do this second fix as soon as we know for sure.

So, if someone with the problem can find and run Setup.bat and let us know if you can then save pattern files, we'll get everyone else squared away.

Thanks!

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a patch for 6.14?

Not at this time. There was one briefly, but some users have not been able to save patterns properly after getting it, so it was pulled till we track down that issue and correct it.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
quote:
So, if someone with the problem can find and run Setup.bat and let us know if you can then save pattern files, we'll get everyone else squared away.

I found the setup.bat file and ran it. It said that it succeeded but did not fix the problem.

When I try to save a pattern it behaves just like a dead link. Clicking on it does nothing.
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok. That's what we needed to know. The setup.bat file registers the DLLs that were expected to change upon occasion. The one that is not working now is one of those not in there. So, the only fix will be an InstallShield build that registers everything again. Ah well...

This should be ready by tomorrow. Those take a little more lead time. Thanks for the reports on this and we do apologize for the inconvenience.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob for the quick response.
Rena Evans

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post