Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Problem with 7.1 download
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with 7.1 download
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Sorry I forgot to say that I have IE 6

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Uh oh! I have the dreaded small window. the computer I'm loading it on right now has Windows XP, IE 6.0.2900.2180 (probably more than you wanted to know, huh). the only thing I didn't do that maybe I should have is run DS7 after I installed it & before I updated to 1.02 to see if it worked. Got a little carried away in my enthusiasm. Roll Eyes
Should I try the patch since I'm not in IE7? I could update IE but I decided to wait maybe avoid these issues.

I did try the icon properties>shortcut>maximize window cure but it all ready had the right settings.

thanks for any help. I would really like to play.

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First step close DS Wait a minute and re-open. This may clear the issue.

If you installed the V 7 download with the program closed!!!! Then reopen and try the maximize option from the shortcut.

If you still have issues contact support@livingsoftnw.com.

OR

get the free upgrade to IE7.

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My version of "small window" is now fixed. It was a small window inside a full size window. Now I can use DS7.02.
Thanks Bob ans Support.

The screen captur picture I sent explained my issue better than words, so perhaps other people in future might find that a useful way. I did it with the "prtScr" key then pasted into a word processing blank document.
Christine in Melbourne, Australia.

Posts: 11 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 14 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see that Christine sent you a print screen of the small window and is now fixed. I am not fixed. Can you advise me what to do next. Thanks

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send me your eamil directly to patrns4u@aol.com and Ill send the test patch
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So Christine, what did you do? I still need help.
I so want to play with this & I found out I need sun dresses for a trip in a week & 1/2.

Help please.
Thanks

Oops! I forgot ... I have DS7 Pro & MPD pro

MPD Pro DS Pro 7.02, Pattern Library (1-14 & up through 1046), FD1&2, UP, UO, Hat Shop, Doll Shop Deluxe, Princess Designer, Fit Tool, illusions, Hat shop, Spring & Summer 2005, Activewear II Windows XP, IE 6 CanonS520 Men's Essentials

Posts: 59 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have DS 6 on one computer and Mpd on another. During some updates, IE 7 was installed which now makes the DS screen go very small. I got what I thought was the patch to correct this, and installed it. When I brought up Dress Shop it said that it was version 7.2 Will I now have to delete that in order to get the DS 6.18 back Or do I still have DS 6.18, but with a different number?
Did I get the wrong patch or what
Charlie

Posts: 5 | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have DS 6 on one computer and Mpd on another. During some updates, IE 7 was installed which now makes the DS screen go very small. I got what I thought was the patch to correct this, and installed it. When I brought up Dress Shop it said that it was version 7.2 Will I now have to delete that in order to get the DS 6.18 back Or do I still have DS 6.18, but with a different number?
Charlie

The full download for DS7.2 - updates and upgrades any earlier version of Dress Shop but requires the upgrade activation code to print.

Uninstall the update if you wish to continue running DSV6.

You may upgrade any early version of DS to DS7 for $50.00.

If you have issues uninstalling please contact support at:

Support1@LivingsoftNW.com

Kaaren

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Phyllis--C:
Charlie

Yes, it sounds like you got the wrong patch. There is a similar patch for Dress Shop 5 and Dress Shop 6. You can get it from the Livingsoft web site, Downloads page. Just below all the buttons for updates and masters, there should be a link in bold red text that is for the Dress Shop 6 patch. Just install it on top of what you have and it should be all you need to do.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just downloaded the 7.2 version of DS. I did not download 7.1. I too am getting the small window of MIA. Should I go back to 7.0 and wait until this is fixed?

Thanks,
Rena Evans

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found the answer myself following the previous post about this. Here is the link to the patch if anyone else needs it.

FOR DRESS SHOP 7 OWNERS:

1. Install the latest Dress Shop 7.02 update available from the Livingsoft web site downloads page here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/DownloadsNew.htm

2. When you run Dress Shop, IF AND ONLY IF your screen appears in a small window, then you should install this patch file, which we believe will correct that problem. The patch file is here:

http://www.livingsoftnw.com/builds/DSpatch.exe

Rena

Posts: 75 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post