Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MPD pants draft
 Login/Join

posted
I am drafting a pair of pants and the darts are not correct, so I am trying to change them. I am trying to put in a length for the dart, but it appears that to shorten the dart I need to put in a negative number, is that right? It also would not let me put in any fractions or decimals - it would only accept whole numbers.

I am using MPD Pro - dress pants - one dart - normal waist - standard fit.

Patti Hamel
DS6.092, All Addins
IE6.0, HPLJ 1012

Posts: 28 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Need more info:
what progam are you using- the tool or stand alone, and which version pro or standard, and which version number?

what pattern number are you using.

Now the real answer. I use decimals IF I want my back dart length longer by 1/2 Inch I enter 0.5 if I want it shorter I enter -0.5 and tis working.
Front darts draft to "abd depth" back darts draft to 75% of the waist to hip measurement.
which is what it has always been.

I personally like my back dart lengtth at what Ive determines is 65% of my hip depth off waist ( find by subtracting floor to hip from floor to waist back conformed.)
The average hip depth beign right around 8 inches.BUT this may need to be changed by shape. IF you have high rounding at high hip you may desire a shorter back dart. If you have a flat long drop to hip you may desire a much lonegr dart.......your choice.
but the tool works properly in MPD pro latest upate is posted so do check you ahev the full program installed and the latest update. and do pelase give us a pattern number.

regards,
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wellll, I did say MPD Pro, but I forgot that MPD uses pattern numbers. Will need to get used to that one! Anyway it is number 133222 and I really just wanted to confirm that changing the dart length changed the current length rather than creating a new length as in -3 reduces the dart by three rather than putting in 3 and having it be the entire length. I think you have confirmed that for me, so thank you.

Patti Hamel
DS6.092, All Addins
IE6.0, HPLJ 1012

Posts: 28 | Location: Utah | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
cool.
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post