Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two questions
 Login/Join

posted
1. With DS7 PRO/Doll shop Deluxe. I also had the MPD tool. What MPD tool features are still outside DS8 Pro/ Doll shop Deluxe (When it gets here)?

2. If I have measured a doll that does not appear in the list of available dolls what file do I need to send to you to help build the data base of doll measurements?

Thanks
Mr. Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Send trhe cdhart to me at patrns4u@aol.com
open the email in the subject lien dolls chart for xxx doll
and atatch the chart from
c
program files
livingsoftnw
dress shop
ds
mymeasurements
then the named chart

we will be happy to add your named doll chart to the list but MAY adjust it slightly.
Thank you!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
1. With DS7 PRO/Doll shop Deluxe. I also had the MPD tool. What MPD tool features are still outside DS8 Pro/ Doll shop Deluxe (When it gets here)?

The MPD Tool program was long ago and subsequently became a very small piece of the larger MPD program. It is unchanged, but if you choose to export your Dress Shop patterns for use with that tool, they will have far fewer options than those same patterns would get in Dress Shop 8. Also, the MPD design tools (like the MPD version of the Complete Pants Designer) don't work well with exported Dress Shop patterns while Dress Shop 8 certainly will. The MPD design tools set themselves up based on the MPD catalog number of the pattern loaded and the Dress Shop patterns just do not have such numbers. They were built differently and so the MPD design tools just don't work with them well.

quote:
2. If I have measured a doll that does not appear in the list of available dolls what file do I need to send to you to help build the data base of doll measurements?

I saw Kaaren's reply on this and she is thinking about the files used by Dress Shop 8. If you have a doll measurement chart you built using Dress Shop 5, 6, or 7, then those numbers would be in the file "MyDSMeasurements.txt". This will be found in the root Dress Shop folder, probably located at:

c:/Program Files/Livingsoft/DressShop/

If you can send that file as an email attachment to Kaaren or myself at support1@LivingsoftNW.com, then we can extract the doll chart and include it with the new product. We would love to have new charts, whether they are perfected or not. We can make certain they are balanced and make good patterns, but we cannot necessarily confirm they work with their named doll. We have to depend upon those that own such a doll to check that out and let us know. If you're willing, we certainly are, too.

Thanks for asking!

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post