Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DS Educator?
 Login/Join

posted
I was looking around in the Livingsoft Website and noticed that our wonderful board administrator, Greg Hightower, is also a DS educator.

Come on now Greg, come clean. Tell us about your DS educator experience. Do you sew, etc., etc. And what is a measuring worshop that is mentioned on the DS educator page?

Also while I am at it I would like to hear from other DS educators. I know that we have Tina Chester and Terry Jerden, but you don't hear much from other educators. If you are out there, we would like to hear from you.

Linda Flint

Posts: 139 | Location: New York | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Im sitting here chuckling and its very early and first coffee.Greg is our fearless educator admin. and you have to be fearless to take on that job!

Its a big job and we have high hopes to put a really great educator support program in place!

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sure hope that the "new" company will pull together a qualification criteria and curriculum for future educators. I have been asking about this for about 2 + years now - ever since going through the "criteria" to become a "measurer" at a workshop in Susanville in 2002. Replies always led me to believe that the criteria to become an educator was rather subjective or just not agreed upon.

Anyway, great question and I look forward to the new development!

Kathy
DS 6 Pro, FD II & II, PD I, UO, UP,Fit Tool, All Patterns thru 1004, 1046, HD

Posts: 6 | Location: Phonix, AZ | Registered: 09 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Linda,

I am an educator, but I haven't posted much to this forum. I've been too busy with beta testing.

I guess I should take time to create a signature. Maybe in a few days, when things relax a bit in my life.

Carolyn

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post