Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Disappointed in Men's boxer pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disappointed in Men's boxer pattern
 Login/Join

posted
Well once again I bought a pig in a poke! I bought the Men's pattern collection sight unseen in the hopes that the men's boxer pattern would be a true boxer pattern, the kind with the back panel insert piece that accomodates the seat instead of a regular back seam like the pattern has. My husband and 17 year old son always complain that this type always crawls up their butts.

Dress Shop Pro Fashion Designer Suite Version 6.13
Fashion Designer 1
Fashion Designer 2
Activewear II
Spring & Summer 2005 Collection
Men's Essential Collection
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
Dress Shop Princess Designer
Dress Shop Illusions - Patterns for Real People
Dress Shop Ultimate Pants
Addon #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14
All pattern sets through 1044 as well as #1045, #1046, #1047, #1048, #1049, #1050

Posts: 12 | Location: Torrance, CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.no saddle seat.

They are` getting rare as hens teeth in RTW as well.

Let me pass on a source for the boxer pattern with seperated back panel.
Pattern Number is 404 and its under $20.00

Timber Lane Press
Hayden, idaho
phone 208=765-3353

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren! I found them on eBay for only $7.99 plus $1.50 shipping. One website I found them for $8.00 plus $5.85 shipping. eBay was definitely the best buy.

Fashion Designer 1
Fashion Designer 2
Activewear II
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool
All pattern sets through 1044 as well as #1045, #1046, #1047, #1048, #1049, #1050

Posts: 12 | Location: Torrance, CA | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When buying from eBay or any other non-original source be sure to check details, as in new, never opened, does it have all pattern pieces, cut or uncut, are original instructions all there, etc. Sometimes what looks like a good buy may not be in the long run, and it might actually pay to buy pattern from the original designer or distributor.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought it from the factory Timtex store. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8112...TRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Best to check feedback on the sellers. I've never been disappointed in any of the patterns I've bought off of eBay. Can't say that fore everything though.

Fashion Designer 1
Fashion Designer 2
Activewear II
Sew Quick Summer Casuals
Dress Shop Fit Tool

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
Nope.no saddle seat.

They are` getting rare as hens teeth in RTW as well.

all the more reason to offer in DS a customizable pattern for any size

However, they're really not that rare in RTW. Fruit of the Loom has them and I think Hanes does too. Look for the words "classic" or "full fit" and double check a pair before buying.

That's my teen's boxer of choice and I buy the Fruit of the Loom at Wal-Mart. I've taken apart an old pair and am going to use that for a pattern. The RTW prices are good and they use very comfy elastic. The only reason I would bother making boxers for my son is that I could choose a fun print.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we draft by numbers.
There is no number associated with the saddle seat to make that exra panel.

We would need to spend a lot of development time, energy and resources to make the pattern you desire.

Which would take away from development time on other elements,patterns and design concepts and it would have a very limited marketing appeal.

The boxer in mens wear is widely marketed as THE boxer. According to my DH its extremly comfortable and he wants more.

I would rather spend my time and programmers time providing an nearly effortless method to adjust the side waist indent.

There are over 90 patterns in the mens collection and we selected, vetted, added to and even removed several from the original concept list.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
We would need to spend a lot of development time, energy and resources to make the pattern you desire.

That's fine with me -- as I stated above, I can readily buy the Fruit of the Loom at reasonable prices at Wal-Mart -- they're not too hard to find.

I've already taken apart an old pair so I have a pattern than I can use for my son.

So I really don't need the pattern and I gave enough information so that others who are wanting this type of boxer know where to find them in the stores.

And BTW I agree that the waist indent is a much more important problem to solve.

DSPro 6.14 (w/patch a) ... Fashion Designer 1&2, Fit Tool, Princess Designer
Activewear II, Spring/Summer 2005, Illusions, Ultimate Outerwear, Ultimate Pants
Add-Ons 1-14, Pattern Sets 1044-46, 1049-52
Windows XP

Posts: 126 | Location: Ohio, USA | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post