New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dart tool ?
 Login/Join

posted
HI,
first let me say this DS-7 update is marvelous! all you guys at Livingsoft deserve a vacation. I cant imagine the work that has gone into this update.
Now for my ? why when I enter a 3" inch dart depth using the DS dart tool I do not get a 3" depth but when I enter 4" I will get a around 3" What am I not getting? Is there a divsion the dart uses the way the dart is divided in the two dart bodice laurra

Posts: 104 | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now for my ? why when I enter a 3" inch dart depth using the DS dart tool I do not get a 3" depth but when I enter 4" I will get a around 3" What am I not getting? Is there a divsion the dart uses the way the dart is divided in the two dart bodice

The settings in the Dart tool vary from pattern to pattern. Are you looking at pants waist dart, a blouse side bust dart, dress waist darts, or some other?

None of those patterns have a setting for dart depth, though. For some patterns, the setting reads "Added Length" and "Width". Other patterns have a setting labeled "Longer" and "Dart Width". Obviously I am not looking at the one you are asking about....

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All dart take up which is what I presume you are talking about iscomputed on certain p[rinciapals..the programs computation is in effect- you want to change it.but collateral ease, smoothign side seams, and considering waist darting, side seam shaping all come into play. If 4 is an absolute number you know you want for a side dart- keep adding till you get close- there is a "flag" in there that keeps the dart from getting too wide which will make the fabric under the bust swirl off grain. 4" is generally in the "too much" category.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post