Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Help with DS6 opening issue
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with DS6 opening issue
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I've not opened DS6 in over a year (shame on me!) and when I tried to do so last night (Windows xp2) the program opens in a regular screen size box but with only an approx. 4 in by 6 in viewing window in the upper left hand corner of my screen. I downloaded the latest update I could find and restarted my computer but still the same outcome. Also, the 'send problem report' does nothing when I click it. HELP! Thanks in advance! Ann in NC

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
....Just found a post with exactly what I am experiencing - the fix is the IE& patch BUT the page is 'not found' when I click on the link for the patch - HELP!!

Thanks! Ann in NC
(ignore previous sig line as info has changed since then!)

Posts: 12 | Location: Wilmington, NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
....Just found a post with exactly what I am experiencing - the fix is the IE& patch BUT the page is 'not found' when I click on the link for the patch - HELP!!

I do not know of any bad links (page not found) on the Livingsoft web site downloads page. The usual problem that people have is that they are viewing an old copy of the web page, rather than the current web page. This happens when your browser caches web pages for you, to make browing faster. Rather than downloading the current web page, your browser just shows you the old copy stored on your own hard drive.

We post about this often and it keeps coming up. Whenever you get a page not found issue, the very first thing you should do is to refresh the web page you are looking at to make sure you are looking at a current page, not an old one. Press F5 to force a refresh. Better still, turn off the caching feature in IE. It just confuses things if you do not realize it is there and what it is doing. To shut it off, run IE, select Tools - Internet Options - Browsing History - Settings. Read the choices and select something different. For the option "Check for new versions of stored pages:"
, I prefer "Every time I visit the webpage". All the other choices can give you old pages.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post