Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeans
 Login/Join

posted
Im almost done making my jeans,but saw a problem with the abs or hip area, when I tried them on,where I put the curved pockets on the front,there seems to be a bubble type where the pockets are,and won't lay flat against my body, this may be caused by a high hip,tilted waist large abs in front.I think the only fix now would be is to sew the front pockets closed!grrrrrrr.The last jeans I made I used the fitted pants and they were a good fit,But I thought I would try the jeans full pattern for a closer fit pant.Call me ODD BODD lol.I don't fancy unpicking them now when the seams are all done twin needled,and yoked front and back.Any ideas TIA.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't that frustrating? I think I know what you are speaking of. You might try just unpicking the seam that holds the pocket. Then see if you can flatten that bubble and then close the seam again. Shouldn't need to unpick the whole seam. Might be worth a try or run a drawstring through tha bubble, gather it up a bit and call it an embellishment for your pocket. But if you are anything like me, you don't need anymore bubbles across your blely. Not many of us do. Just a thought.

Kathy

Posts: 14 | Location: Stark County, OH | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A`trick tos ewing the pockets is to insert a wash cloth folded in quarters.thats just about the right thickness.between pocket and fashion fabric as you pin the pocket in before stitching.
That little bit of "opening" or Lift keeps the pocket from gapeing and bubbling when worn.

The amount fo lift should be slightly more than the thickness of your index finger.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kathy your right there, who needs any more bulges lol.Im so dissapointed, as I have good measurements in the fitted pant.I was playing with the tools just now, and saw that I could add some to the hip ease.BUT I don't want to start having to make a new sloper again, that seems sensless to me.Its just the darn pockets pucker and bubble up, worse than a champagne bottle.Shelf hips aint fun Razzer

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
A`trick tos ewing the pockets is to insert a wash cloth folded in quarters.thats just about the right thickness.between pocket and fashion fabric as you pin the pocket in before stitching.
That little bit of "opening" or Lift keeps the pocket from gapeing and bubbling when worn.
Kaaren oh why didn't I remember that trick in class? DUH me.where are those darn notes i had now lol.
The amount fo lift should be slightly more than the thickness of your index finger.
Kaaren

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

posted Hide Post
OK Kaaren, should the wash cloth be sticking out of the top of the pocket or should it be all the way in the pocket bag? I've got to see a picture in my head.

Kathy

Posts: 14 | Location: Stark County, OH | Registered: 15 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pretend your wash cloth is your hand.so it does stick out cause fingers are in the pocket,but the palm isnt.

Make sense?

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just unpicked the side seam,pocket section and the waistband.Inserted a face cloth folded with it sticking out,this does look better basted together,I noticed that i do have a bit too much ease in the waistband also,1cm to be exact,I also had to smooth sew the side seam curves,and I think that was causing the pocket bubble the side seam bulge.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

posted Hide Post
Yeah!! Good for you Freda.
Elizabeth

DS: all; MPD
XP sp2, IE6, HP7960

Posts: 34 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had this happen. In fact, it will happen every time unless I catch it before I finish the pants.

One thing I learned (maybe from Sandra Betzina) was to place the pants and pocket area on a ham, to simulate the curve of your body. Then attach the pocket to the pants at the waist.

What I like to do is try on the pants before attaching the waistband. I can then adjust the pocket so that it fits the curve of my body. Just be sure you leave enough seam allowance at the top of the pocket to "play with it" to get the best fit.

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad you were able to fix it, Freda! I made a pair of pants over the weekend in a very light oatmeal and wanted to put a pocket on the right...I have a zipper in the left side. Well...and I am telling on myself here...all I had to make the pocket bag was some light blue batiste so I used that. Well, you guessed it! When I put them on the blue was peaking out due to my bulging hip! Uggg! I DID end up sewing the pocket closed with hopes that in the near future my diet will allow me to use the pocket eventually.

Dress Shop-7 Pro and MPD Pro Stand Alone

Posts: 208 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 10 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I took it for granted, that my jeans would be ok,since the fitted pants were.Just goes to show you GGG.It looks like the trick Kaaren told me, with the face cloth did help a great deal.I had to put my zipper in the center back seam, due to all the seams being double stitched,AND my high hip, [hip shelf]SO ive done a pattern summery to keep tracks of this now,and alterd the pattern a bit on the hip curve shaving off the prominent curve by 1/4".

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10