Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Question about Skort pattern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question about Skort pattern
 Login/Join

posted
Hi everyone,
I have found the skort pattern (in casual pants) but I really can't figure out how the shorts connect to the skirt, does anyone know?
Thanks,
Mary Smiler

Posts: 3 | Registered: 10 June 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The skort skirt attaches to the short pant at the waist prior to the waistband
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't find the skort pattern in MPD. anyone direct me. Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The skort pattern is a Dress Shop pattern that is why you are not finding it in MPD. You can duplicate it in MPD by drafting a pair of shorts and a straight skirt of the same length as the shorts. Sew them together at the waist before putting on the waistband. If you do not use an elastic waist band you will also have to construct the opening that you are putting the zipper in by layering the shorts piece with the skirt piece so that both pieces are sewn to the zipper at the same time.

Selma in VA
DS educator
DS and MPD Pro, etc.

Posts: 32 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Selma thanks for the direction. I do have Dress shop but never use it now and hav'nt updated it.I have 8.06 but have now looked and can make them and overlay on a MPD pattern. Thank you for your speedy reply. Marge UK

Posts: 237 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post