Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sloper
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Kaaren, I went to http://www.quiltropolis.com. logged in and tried to find the sloper information. am I in the wrong group area?? Sorry I'm confused...
Jacqui

Posts: 107 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
There are several quiltropolis sites
class and club
the post is at class
http://forums.quiltropolis.com/~Private/login

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I went to http://www.quiltropolis.com. logged in and tried to find the sloper information. am I in the wrong group area?? Sorry I'm confused...
Jacqui

I have been to http://forums.quiltropolis.com/~Private/login
several times.

All I see are 16 posts, 2 of which have attachments. 1 attachment is an article about what is a sloper. The other attachment is mens.pdf.

There are 4 messages under the topic "New torso sloper". 3 concern how to install the pattern and 1 is a reply by Kaaren to that question, but nowhere do I see the original torso sloper pattern attachment that can be downloaded. Is this what you see? Don't feel bad. I am confused as well.
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The torso sloper pattern was posted so long ago it timed out, apparently over night as it was still there when I checked it.

It has been reposted today with instruction on how to download and access.

subject line is torso sloper.Old messages have been deleted.

Kaaren

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It has been reposted today with instruction on how to download and access.

Thanks, Kaaren. Got it.
Elsa

Posts: 70 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was comparing the sloper to slacks on my computer. The slacks appear to be at least 2 1/2" lower in the back waist and about 2" lower in the front than my sloper. The slacks are definitely wider that my sloper and I was expecting that. I do not see any other length changes. I am using DS 6.13. Is this what is suppose to happen with the slacks? Cheryl

mail to: gasc61944@verizon.net

Posts: 13 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NO.slacks have a much wider leg and should be exactly the SAME TOTAL LENGTH.

Did you rpitn 1/4 scales and overlay them ion each other or just do a visual on screen.

The visual may well have been scaled differently from screen to screen view.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kaaren, I went to the site below
quote:
http://forums.quiltropolis.com/~Private/login

but could not log in to anything about slopers or sewing information...even though I could log into Quiltropolis in general. Am I not registered as part of the group? When I tried to get into it from Quiltropolis, all I saw was something about Hat Shop....obviously not the right place.

Posts: 7 | Registered: 13 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
The chat room log in is a separate password and you must be logged in. No membership requirements other than the Quiltropolis log is is required.

Since I dotn know "which Betty" you are I cant check to see if you have a password.

The room name is DressShopHatShop.There is a forum area with posts and the sloper article is posted there, and from there you can click chat on the top line to enter webboard which si text only, you can also activate the white board program wich includes graphics.

Complete directions are found at [URL=livingsoftnw.com ]livingsoftnw[/URL] click on classes.

Kaaren

posted Hide Post
I still canot open the file The torso sloper pattern. All I get is a long list of numbers.
Any suggestions?
Joanne Damon

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the directions as published with the pattern.

You do not open this pattern you LOAD it into Dress Shop: My Patterns.

From the download button you can place the pattern in whichever file, drive you want.
In order to use it ---IT must end up in
C
Program files
Livingsoft
Dress Shop
My Patterns

You load the pattern for use from
Dress Shop.

with the program running
click File,
Load pattern
select torso sloper from the My Patterns file IF you placed it there, or from where ever you laoded it to.

Once you locate it if not placed in My Patterns
click
file
save pattern
browse to c program files, livingsoft, dress shop, my patterns IF My Patterns does not present itself as the first choice option.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Still trying to get the torso sloper loaded into my dressshop program.
I clicked the attachment and saved it to my patterns folder.
It is there, but shows as a text file,not a pattern file. With the program running I
click File,
Load pattern.
My Patterns folder is showing
torso sloper isn't listed even though it is in this folder

I must be missing a step somewhere!!!!!

If anyone who has succesfully use this file could they email me privatly and walk me though this.
Thanks
Joanne Damon

posted Hide Post
quote:
Still trying to get the torso sloper loaded into my dressshop program.
I clicked the attachment and saved it to my patterns folder.
It is there, but shows as a text file,not a pattern file. With the program running I
click File,
Load pattern.
My Patterns folder is showing
torso sloper isn't listed even though it is in this folder

I must be missing a step somewhere!!!!!

I have not gotten the file from Kaaren's site, so I really don't know what format it is in. But, to be able to load any pattern file into Dress Shop, it must be saved as a PAT file type. So, when you save it into the "MyPatterns" folder, the name should be "TorsoSloper.pat" for instance.

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
send me your email addy.when you opened it before in word pad or note pad it changed it to a txt file.

ill send you the pat file directly.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

posted Hide Post
That is the problem it is listed as TorsoSloper.pat.txt Canot figure out how to save it as a pat file.