Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

sloper
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Kaaren - where is the torso sloper pattern hiding. Has it been taken down all ready. I was out of town last week so I think I must have missed it.
Duckie

DS Pro 6.13 --
with everything,
Hat Shop,
Home Dec,
IE 6.0.2800,
Win XP SP1,
HP Deskjet 6800 wireless

Posts: 34 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
send me your email addy.when you opened it before in word pad or note pad it changed it to a txt file.

ill send you the pat file directly.
Kaaren

Thanks Kaaren.
I just dragged and dropped the attachment to my My Patterns folder. Thanks again

Thanks Kaaren.
I just dragged and dropped the attachment in My Patterns folder. Thanks again

Posts: 20 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<liverpool>
posted
I still cannot access the Sloper Torso pattern.
Where is the 'download button'. When I try to open the file I am asked for the program that
produced it. How do I get it to Dress Shop?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by liverpool8:
I still cannot access the Sloper Torso pattern.
Where is the 'download button'. When I try to open the file I am asked for the program that
produced it. How do I get it to Dress Shop?
This may be overly detailed, but pick and choose what you can use. Sign in to the Web Board page where Kaaren’s class posts are located.
In the frame on the left, find the post titled “new torso sloper pattern” and click on it. Read the screen on the right; at the bottom is a file titled “Torso Sloper.pat” Right click on that file, select “Save Target As.” A box will pop up that reads “File Download” and it will show “Saving...
and another box beside it will show Save As.” In the Save As box click on My Computer, Local Disk C (if that’s where your DS program is installed), Program Files, LivingSoft, Dress Shop, My Patterns. At the bottom of that box you’ll then see file name torso sloper.pat and Save as type, .pat Document, and Save button. Click on the Save button.

Now open Dress Shop, make sure you have the measurement file selected that you’re going to use, and click on File, Load Pattern. The “Open” box will popup; select torso sloper.pat and it will open.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am having the same problem with this download. The only option available is as a txt file. I have logged in a number of times and it is always the same. Do you have any suggestions???
Judy Z

Posts: 12 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just answered my own question. You need to click on DressShop/Hatshop on the left side of the board and the downlaod will show up on the right side. If you click on Karen's topic on the left side, you will get the text file on the right side. Clear as mud? It worked just now for me.
Judy Z

Posts: 12 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Torso Sloper.pat

I'm having the same problem too. Followed directions to a *T*. In My Patterns it reads as: Torso Sloper.pat.txt
When I pull up load patterns in DS it does not show up, only those that are listed as .pat

Melinda Stone
Bixby, OK

DS Pro 6.19, MPD Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie, Activewear, Add-on 1023
MPD PRO v.1.11, XP Pro, HP 722

Posts: 15 | Location: Bixby, OK | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Melinda Stone:
In My Patterns it reads as: Torso Sloper.pat.txt

Go to the MyPatterns folder through Windows explorer and right click to rename the file. Erase the last .txt portion so the file reads "torso sloper.pat" only. You should then be able to open it via Dress Shop.

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those whose systems are converting this *pat file to a *txt file please email me directly at patrns4u@aol.com and I will send it.

I can not guarantee it wont do the same thing once it hits your system.

IT IS a *PAT file in the download.

When you download this file DO NOT OPEN IT. That creats the *txt extension.

Load it into My Patterns inside Dress Shop and LOAD the file from file, load. Full Directions are located in this thread of messages.

Opening it OUTSIDE Dress Shop will only give you the numbers.It does NOT stand alone and create a pattern....only DS opens it as a pattern.

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tessa and Kaaren. I followed Tessa's directions and it worked for me. I never opened it outside of dresshop when I originally downloaded it. I downloaded it, and saved it to dress shop-my patterns and then opened DS and load patterns where it was a txt file. Thank you for the help, it fixed it!

Melinda Stone
Bixby, OK

DS Pro 6.19, MPD Fit Tool, Essential Lingerie, Activewear, Add-on 1023
MPD PRO v.1.11, XP Pro, HP 722

Posts: 15 | Location: Bixby, OK | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Marilyn in Brisbane>
posted
I also had trouble downloading the torso sloper. When you go to download, check the "file type". My computer was downloading it as either "text" or "doc". When I changed the file type to "all", the name of the download changed from "txt" to "pat" and it worked.

<liverpool>
posted
Thanks Diane
I have the unopened 'sloper' file on my desktop
but cannot send it anywhere and when I open it on the desktop all I see is a long line of text.
This is strange, I have not had any trouble downloading patterns before.

<liverpool>
posted
Eureka........I finally downloaded the Torso Sloper.
What a dummy I have been. It must have been a senior moment (or many moments), but there it is in My Patterns and I am one happy camper.
Thanks to all. Smiler