Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Robe/housecoat
 Login/Join

posted
Yesterday I bought some lovely fleece, in a royal blue shade,I was wondering about the robe Pattern collar we did in class last year.Dumb question for Kaaren ggggls,can I make the collar wider please?,my last robe I felt I needed a tad more width.I Iove this robe pattern, because of the walking ease added in the front,and soooooooo cozy too in winter months.TIA.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Collections-Spring- Summer-Fall- Winter-Jeans Machine.
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sure.go to collar and adjust width
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kaaren I shall definately do that now.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<Deena>
posted
Unfortunately, I missed that class. Could you describe the robe in terms of the DS pattern used and the options and fit chosen? How narrow was the collar that you want to make wider? I think that I should be able to make up a robe fairly easily, particularly if you let me "pick your brain" for good design choices.

TYIA,

Deena in Houston

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The class robe was a free pattern, with a shawl collar, tie belt, pockets....full length ( which could be shortened) its wasnt a menu robe.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Deena--
There are robes in the loungewear section that comes with Essential Lingerie. If you don't have that, you could start with a comfort fit dress (unfitted, flared, or the like), use a full front opening and play with the shaper tool (if you have it) to add "walking ease". The collar on the class robe was a shawl collar, and some of us made it wider to add embroidery to it. Someone else made an entirely different robe that was more straight and had an invisible zipper up the front. So there are lots of ways to go. Use the tools and play, play, play!! Have fun! (I think there are still some pics up in the Quiltropolis club site.)

Sandy in NM
DS 6.13 Pro (with pretty much everything)

Posts: 68 | Registered: 17 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deena and Sandy, a little trick, if you are making a wrap robe with a tie belt and would like to keep the robe from falling open in front add about 1/2 to 1" flare from the waistline down to the hem on the front only. Kind of pushes the front to stay closed.

I need to make a new robe too.

Joan in Concord, CA
Dress Shop Educator
WinXP, Epson CX6400
Dress Shop Pro Suite and all add-ons and tools

Posts: 45 | Location: End of message | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I started something now eh GGGG.Make one place under the christmas tree for yourself, and mark it from santa!nice pressie from you to you.At least you'll know it fits lol.

M.P.D4.Pro.MPD Tools
Windows7Home Prem. IE10

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Llantrisant:
Yesterday I bought some lovely fleece, in a royal blue shade,I was wondering about the robe Pattern collar we did in class last year.
Anyone here have experience using fleece for a robe and if so, which weight did you use and have you been satisifed with how it wears? I have a zippered jacket and a blanket throw of 100-weight PolarTec fleece and they're very warm. I bought a Christmas shirt of fleece and never wore it because the cut was very uncomfortable and the fabric wasn't very pliable. I, too, need a new winter robe and I've been eyeing a RTW 100% cotton flannel snap-front "trapunto" robe. It has a curved yoke, long sleeves, patch pocket, and looks like it could be fairly easy to duplicate in DS. The flannel reminds me of a pair of cotton flannel PJs I literally wore out as a teenager. Very warm and comfy!

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wear a 200 wt polar fleece periwinkle (Malden mills) robe almost daily from October to May...ggg

It has the shawl collar set to 4.25 inches with embroidery ( butterflys in variegated rayon..NO interfacing in the collar,so it could be puleld up after my bath aroudn my neck and ears while the hair drys- attached tie belt, side seam pockets.

the last winter in NY I made a 400 wt robe to take to the cabin on overnight cross country ski trips.The cabin is really a log cabin with a not terribly efficient wood stove. Man was that robe warm! Warm enough to go out on the deck for more wood and not turn into a momsicle when it was 10F below.

Unbearable in a regular heated house! TOOOO warm!and thats not just the heat surges..it was also heavy feeling.

100 or 200 wt is just fine for regular use- good quality non pilling pf is needed.I wash that thing at least once if not twice a week.

I adore trapunto work but the cordage and multiple layers will "stiffen" the area its worked. so maybe use a thinner cord to insert.

or a really light weight single face "liner" and the regular flannel outside.

Its bound to be stunning!!!
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kaaren Hoback:
I wear a 200 wt polar fleece periwinkle (Malden mills) robe almost daily from October to May...ggg
This is the info I'm seeking. I've used the PF jacket as a sweater inside the house and it does get too warm. The PF throw is all the cover I need at night, and I end up sticking my feet out at the bottom! When I visited Texas there was a 300-wt blanket and it was way too warm, I kicked it off!

quote:
I adore trapunto work but the cordage and multiple layers will "stiffen" the area its worked. so maybe use a thinner cord to insert.
or a really light weight single face "liner" and the regular flannel outside.
The trapunto shown on the RTW flannel robe was only in the curved yoke with loose jewel neckline, and with soft gathers falling from the yoke. I had more in mind to use the flannel for that pattern than the fleece, as something lightweight to change into when I get home from work, more like a housecoat than looking like I'm ready for bed or just got out of the shower. Years back they were called housecoats or dusters. But for warmer, after-bath robe I was thinking in terms of how the fleece might be, with the class robe pattern.

Posts: 221 | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post