Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Shaper Tool question for fitted styles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shaper Tool question for fitted styles
 Login/Join

posted
I don't know whether my Shaper Tool has a problem or I have forgotten that it has restrictions.
I am specifically looking at Blouses and Jackets. Skirts and Coats are working okay.

The Unfitted Shirt, Unfitted Shell, Boxy Jacket offer two options and I can drag the width and length on the red side seam drag points to created asymmetric flare and length.
  • Left / Right Symmetric
  • Lengths Locked

The Fitted Shirt, Shell, Fitted Blazer only offer the one option and I can only drag the length on all red points.
  • Lengths Locked

Are these fitted garments with shaped side seams restricted from width/flare adjustments using the Shaper ?

Tessa
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DS Deluxe
v6.13 on desktop
v6.09 on laptop

Posts: 141 | Location: Edmonton, Canada | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine is the same way, Tessa. My guessis that the left/right symmetric part must interfere with the darts.

Too bad Frowner

Posts: 190 | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<DressShopBob>
posted
quote:

The Unfitted Shirt, Unfitted Shell, Boxy Jacket offer two options and I can drag the width and length on the red side seam drag points to created asymmetric flare and length.

Left / Right Symmetric

Lengths Locked

The Fitted Shirt, Shell, Fitted Blazer only offer the one option and I can only drag the length on all red points.

Lengths Locked

Are these fitted garments with shaped side seams restricted from width/flare adjustments using the Shaper ?

Yes. We have support for two types of "flare". For garments that are longer than hip level, the "skirt" can be flared starting at the hip or at a flare pivot point below the hip. This skirt can include long coats, dresses, jackets, or tunics, fitted or unfitted.

The other flare support we have is for unfitted patterns from the armhole. Fitted patterns, with a side bust dart, do interfere with the flare code. We can't make a bust dart work properly if the side seam it sits in can be at any arbitrary angle.

Flaring from beneath the bust dart might be possible, but it is a short space to work in and it would be complicated by wide darts, elegant darts, and french darts. Maybe some day...

Reply With QuoteReport This Post