Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    Boxy jacket being made as a men's windbreaker with yokes.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boxy jacket being made as a men's windbreaker with yokes.
 Login/Join

posted
On the front of the jacket the sleeve side of the yoke is narrower than the main body piece. I hope this is not a program bug. As a men's garment would I want to extend the sleeve side of the yoke to the width of the main body piece or reduce the width of the main body piece to match the yoke? We're dealing with about an inch and a quarter per side or 2 1/2 inches for the entire front of the jacket. I don't really want a gather or pleat in the front of the jacket so I need to know which way to go.
Bye
Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
On the front of the jacket the sleeve side of the yoke is narrower than the main body piece. I hope this is not a program bug. As a men's garment would I want to extend the sleeve side of the yoke to the width of the main body piece or reduce the width of the main body piece to match the yoke? We're dealing with about an inch and a quarter per side or 2 1/2 inches for the entire front of the jacket. I don't really want a gather or pleat in the front of the jacket so I need to know which way to go.
Bye

That is deliberate so you can ease/gather the top edge of the lower piece to the bottom edge of the upper piece.

Go to the yoke tool and in the box where it says extra for gathering make it 0 if desired.

I believe thats set to 1 inch for mens gear... but you can set it more or less.

Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
p

Thanks. I hadn't noticed that adjustment when I was creating the pattern.
Bye
Pat

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post