Dress Shop Home Page    livingsoftnw.groupee.net    Discussion List  Hop To Forum Categories  Dress Shop App  Hop To Forums  Dress Shop Topics    How to get out of a sewing funk
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to get out of a sewing funk
 Login/Join

Board Administrator
posted
Avoiding your sewing machine? Hiding from your fabric stash? Yea- I do it too every once in a while. Usually when I'm just generally overwrought, over tired, chewing on some problem, and the perfect cure all is to get in there and plan something.

The something should be personal, not too complicated and useable right now.

My go to items are generally lingerie or nightwear. A stretch cami at abd +2 length,decorated a little bit with lace, beads, or just bias trim.

A sports bra from stretch lace for wearing around the house or under a winter sweat shirt.

Winter time a nightgown with sleeves, floor length with a pleated neck, or an applied lace yoke over silk or short front opening yoked flannel doesnt matter as long as its fairly quick, pretty and NEW.

Digging thru the stash opens my mind to possibilities, selecting a fabric and pattern sets the goal. Wearing it is the cherry on top.

The fingers take the familiar steps and suddenly I am really into it and seeing additional possibilities.

The dull, mundane winter stuff slips into the background and I feel renewed.

How about you?

Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well at the moment i am working on a new hat here, i have done a trail fit, but that turned out a wee bit small, even though i have a small head lol.I really need to sort out my stash too in my sewing room,getting there slow and sure. Smiler

Posts: 1535 | Location: Ontario. Canada | Registered: 05 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me it is going to Jo Ann's and buying 30 yards of silky satin charmuse (Think Lingerie satin)to make a couple sets of pajamas and robes for myself. I didn't like the men's PJ shirt styling so I modified the women's pattern and I'm getting it taped together. The robe and PJ bottoms are from the men's wear collection. The fabric is very interesting to worn with.

Posts: 113 | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
Cool Freda and Mr Pat.........intertesting to hear others ideas.
Kaaren

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming out of a sewing funk (inflammation from tendinitis had my hands really, really painful)-sewing, computing, and a few other activities got cut back on for a while.

Now, I'm ready to do some sewing and I need to do a little computer set up to get to it....new computer - I have NONE of my sewing programs installed on it. Went to the website last night to download them that I could run a new fitting shell.

Downloads page is not working. It is not working now. Help!?

ReneeG

Renee Graham
Home is where the sewing room is!

Posts: 31 | Location: Fort Bend, Texas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post