Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

manual won't print
 Login/Join

posted
Simple question, do I have to have a DressShop disk to print out the manual. My program was downloaded, but I wanted a hard copy of the manual. I tried to print it out, but the printer kept spewing out blank paper.----Denise

Posts: 82 | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Board Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Simple question, do I have to have a DressShop disk to print out the manual. My program was downloaded, but I wanted a hard copy of the manual. I tried to print it out, but the printer kept spewing out blank paper.

No disk needed. The manual is a simple Adobe Acrobat file, readable and printable using Adobe's Acrobat Reader program. If your Adobe Reader is not behaving well, you could try getting a fresh / updated copy. They are free from Adobe's web site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

They now appear to include Photoshop with that free download, so be sure to turn that off if you do not want it.

Board Administrator, Dress Shop App

Posts: 1868 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 01 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for answering the question about the manual not printing. I didn't need the answer you gave, but you also mentioned Photoshop being included with Adobe update.

Whew, I had wondered where & when that was installed on my computer. I just removed it. I don't need any slow-down of my computer with something that I didn't install on computer.

Thanks for the help you always give so freely.
Barbara in N. E. Georgia
With mostly everything. Smiler

<They now appear to include Photoshop with that free download, so be sure to turn that off if you do not want it.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 228 | Location: Somewhere, Arkansas | Registered: 06 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I downloaded adobe again and tried to print one page. That worked. When I tried to print all the pages, ie pages 1-121, blank paper spewed out. Guess the only solution is a day sitting there printing one page at a time Eeker---Denise

posted Hide Post
Just to let everyone know, I downloaded the manual on my husband's computer that uses XP instead of Vista. It printed it out without any difficulties. So my problem probably was Vista. Now I have to install DS on his computer so I can print out some other things. Grrrr, darn Vista, first it is selective about what PDA functions it allows and now the printing. Can't wait until more versions come out and the bugs are fixed!----Denise

posted Hide Post
The manual worked fine on my Vista Pro model in NY- may be your settimgs rather than the program as an entity.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aha, there is the difference. On my PDA board,the couple of individuals that have Vista Pro do not have any problems with downloading new programs using Quick Install or any other glitches. The rest of us that have Premium or Basic cannot use Quick Install, etc. There are subtle differences between the levels of Vista that affect various programs and functions.----Denise