Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

help - plackets
 Login/Join

posted
Now I know I'm not stupid, but I'm darned if I can figure out how to insert a placket in a blouse - I was sure I had previously had a pattern with a cut-on placket, but everything I try generates a sew-on placket (back short button placket) and I'm stumped about how to put it in - yes, I have sewn for years, and I have readers digest complete sewing guide, but I still don't get it.

Also, if I try an ordinary front button shirt, the front overlap is 1". Surely this is too wide, but can't figure out where to change it (but then, I've had this program for months and I'm still manually making the blouse hem 1 1/2", cause I can't figure out where to change that either.

Any advice (other than take up a new hobby)

Posts: 473 | Registered: 11 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also, if I try an ordinary front button shirt, the front overlap is 1". Surely this is too wide, but can't figure out where to change it (but then, I've had this program for months and I'm still manually making the blouse hem 1 1/2", cause I can't figure out where to change that either.

I can answer this one at least. Generic placket width is in the Pattern Settings dialog. Yes, it should probably go in the Closure dialog, too. But, there are Pro settings there for asymmetric closure extensions and it was confusing to have both in the same place....

DressShopBob
(Bob Clardy)

Posts: 718 | Registered: 18 August 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Help is available
I try generates a sew-on placket (back short button placket) and I'm stumped about how to put it in - yes, I have sewn for years, and I have readers digest complete sewing guide, but I still don't get it.

A: there is a help article with rgaphics on how to apply this palcket. Go to Help> help Index> and look for the placket article ( found in the mens wear collection.)

Placket widths and hems DS Click OPTIONS select the amoutn youd esire.
For horizontal buttons Rule of thumb: the button hole must be 1/8th inch larger than button Diameter. The placket width must be 1/4 inch larger than button hole.

That makes thre average 5/8th +1/8=3/4 +1/4 = 1 Inch default.

Wanna make verticle button holes may be much less, or smaller buttons....there is a hutton hole article.

Any advice (other than take up a new hobby)
MPD has similiar articles and options.
Kaaren

patrns4u@aol.com

Posts: 3511 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post